judgemental people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loz006

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've recently decided to do my own diy tank for a lizard, it's my first time at doing it but I do sorta know what I need to do and how to do it. I was brought up in a carpentry business, I did wood work at school and have always been very hands on with things and liked building different things.
I'm female and naturally blonde, so people think I'm stupid and that I don't know what I'm doing. This gives me more motivation to do it myself and so once I've accomplished it I can shove it in their faces.
Who else has been judged because they are female or blonde or different in some way?

I get judged because I left school at 15 and have few formal quals. I have however lectured at University for 11 years and academics come to me for advice ha ha!

Unfortunately there will always be people who put down others because of gender, age, ethnic background, etc. It's wrong, but it's how some people are. I was talked down to, treated like an idiot, etc, when I started with the company I work for (Refrigeration Wholesaler), all because I was 19, and supposedly knew nothing. Needless to say, even without a refrigeration background, I was rather cluey, and within months, I knew more than half the mechanics I sold to. These days, I have them calling me for help.
It's the best feeling proving people wrong. Looking forward to seeing progress pics on this enclosure!

Unfortunately there will always be people who put down others because of gender, age, ethnic background, etc. It's wrong, but it's how some people are.

It's the best feeling proving people wrong. Looking forward to seeing progress pics on this enclosure!

All this. There are people who will spend their whole lives judging people and placing themselves ahead or above for whatever reason they can find to justify it.

As long as you don't let others judgements reflect on you or dictate your actions you will have fun proving them wrong :D

I think everyone has been judged no matter who they are or what they look like.

I get judged because I left school at 15 and have few formal quals. I have however lectured at University for 11 years and academics come to me for advice ha ha!

I left school at 15 too, however at certain things I am smarter then some people I know that didn't leave school. I also have a diploma in counseling, certificate 5 in childcare and am doing a realestate course. You can do anything you put your mind to! :)

People are bigotted
Always judge me as strange

Just because they cannot wear high heels and a strapless little black dress is no reason to point at me when I do???

lol i went to my roomates workplace once, as i left the store a guy came rushing in asking my mate if he was okay and if i had tried to rob him!

I'm a girl and have been working in the male dominated construction industry. It's lovely being mistaken for a secretary and watching tradies sit there dumbly while I talk circles around them :)

Unfortunately there will always be people who put down others because of gender, age, ethnic background, etc. It's wrong, but it's how some people are. I was talked down to, treated like an idiot, etc, when I started with the company I work for (Refrigeration Wholesaler), all because I was 19, and supposedly knew nothing. Needless to say, even without a refrigeration background, I was rather cluey, and within months, I knew more than half the mechanics I sold to. These days, I have them calling me for help.

People do it because they are insecure about them selves, so putting other people down makes them feel better about themselves.
Aw thanks :) I don't think it's going to look like something a builder or someone made but it'll do the job. :)

I am with Trimeresurus and DisturbedDave and think that everyone is judged and stereotyped no matter who they are and what their social standing is or whether you are male or female. I find that not letting what other people think the best way to deal with it. Too many people are after other peoples approval.

I am with Trimeresurus and DisturbedDave and think that everyone is judged and stereotyped no matter who they are and what their social standing is or whether you are male or female. I find that not letting what other people think the best way to deal with it. Too many people are after other peoples approval.

Yep, once you stop giving a crap what others think, you''ll start feeling a lot better.

Easier said then done for some, I know.

People do it because they are insecure about them selves, so putting other people down makes them feel better about themselves.
Aw thanks :) I don't think it's going to look like something a builder or someone made but it'll do the job. :)

Don't sell yourself short! I'm not a builder, n I think my first enclosure turned out great (personal opinion, of course)

I'm a younger blonde female - I know what you're talking about. The best way to overcome anyone that tells you you don't know something or can't do something because of either a physical or mental difference is to show them :)

I wish I could build my own enclosures!

I'm a girl and have been working in the male dominated construction industry. It's lovely being mistaken for a secretary and watching tradies sit there dumbly while I talk circles around them :)

Haha! No way! I'd love to see that!....Finally, a chick that knows construction?? Are you for real?? Whats a "squint, a putlog and a noggin;)"?

Everybody judges everybody, and everybody does it. You can't not do it, its a survival instinct.
Even thinking someone is cool, is judging them!!

Haha! No way! I'd love to see that!....Finally, a chick that knows construction?? Are you for real?? Whats a "squint, a putlog and a noggin;)"?

Everybody judges everybody, and everybody does it. You can't not do it, its a survival instinct.
Even thinking someone is cool, is judging them!!

Haha interrogation :p

Squint: stupid corner brick

Putlog: scaffolding thing

Nogging: horizontal timber btwn studs

Do you like my technical talk? :p

I've been an architectural draftie for years and last year started structural engineering. Living in a cyclone area makes designing frames and connections fun :p I like doing slabs though, especially site inspections lol ;)

Threw it in though, I'm back to doing architectural side of things and studying building design now.

Enough about me now lol.

Haha interrogation :p

Squint: stupid corner brick

Putlog: scaffolding thing

Nogging: horizontal timber btwn studs

Do you like my technical talk? :p

I've been an architectural draftie for years and last year started structural engineering. Living in a cyclone area makes designing frames and connections fun :p I like doing slabs though, especially site inspections lol ;)

Threw it in though, I'm back to doing architectural side of things and studying building design now.

Enough about me now lol.

Haha! Thats gold! Slab inspections!!! Nice.:D
In 28 years of building, I have only ever met 1 female tradie(carpenter)... but she was working as a sales rep for a hire company.
I love it...go for gold! Don't knock the squints matey, only way to do bay windows!!

Haha! Thats gold! Slab inspections!!! Nice.:D
In 28 years of building, I have only ever met 1 female tradie(carpenter)... but she was working as a sales rep for a hire company.
I love it...go for gold! Don't knock the squints matey, only way to do bay windows!!

Haha thanks :) workers don't like it when you hold up their pour because their mesh isn't right - especially when a girl is saying it haha.

I've met a fair few lady tradies, they scare me a bit though lol. I've met some nice women who do the design side of things though :)

Are you a builder or...?

Apologies for taking the thread off track... Talking about meany judgemental people was such a downer anyway :p smiles all round!

Mimco,

I though those attitudes died along with blonde jokes, which were renown for not being particularly clever or funny.
Tell me, did the individuals concerned perchance have particularly bony brow ridges with a steeply sloping forehead and a squat, powerful build with no shortage of body hair?

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back