eggcrate WHERE OH WHERE can i buy it? HEEELLPP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
most every build I've been drooling over uses 'eggcrate' in their false floors and many salt water tank makers use it too, are we just flat outta luck in the land down under of has anybody got any ideas on where I can get it from???

im located near Nowra nsw btw :)

correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you can get it from some pet/aquarium stores

really?! ive never seen it and I feel if I asked for eggcrate they would look at me like I wanted egg cartons, is there another name for it?

Is it the plastic diffuser used to cover some fluoro lights? That's the "egg crate" that is mentioned and recommended by Greg Maxwell in his chondro books. If so, you should be able to get it at some plastics suppliers, or a lighting supply place. It's available here in Port Macquarie at a plastics supplier, in 1200 x 600 sheets.

Jamie

Yep, that's the stuff. Try a lighting place and ask for that type of diffuser. Or look for a plastics supplier down your way. If we can get it here in Port Macquarie, you'll be able to find some near you. I use it when incubating python eggs over water.

Jamie

I get mine from a plastics manufacturer in Dandenong VIC but its not cheap. Around $45 per sheet of 120cmx60cm.
Great stuff though and it is the best way to go for false bottoms IMO.

There's a place in Tullamarine too, I only paid $40 or so for a decent piece. 900 x 500

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back