paid my licence late :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
Right guys, I paid my licence 2 days late, the money was sent and its in their bank but will they still take my geckos?.
I ask this because the mail said that if the licence wasn't paid today (day I paid) my animals would be taken.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Oops late 1 day not 2

I forgot to pay mine for two weeks in NSW and it was fine, Im pretty sure you will be ok. It's a lot more work for them if they take them from you and you have done the right thing and paid, I wouldn't worry.

I forgot to re-new my licence for 3 years (thought I had done a 5 yr not a 1 yr so just didn't worry about it) and the dept did absolutely nothing; they didn't even send me a letter saying it was time to renew.
I worked it out myself and renewed for 5 years; their solution was to simply say I had done the 5 year last time so I've got 2 years to go before renewing again.
They really did not give a flying...

I guess NSW doesn't care where the 4 pythons that were on my licence went...

Last edited:
9 out of 10 people don't have a clue they supposed to have one !!!

I used to work with and play golf with various snake keeper ( if u can call them that) and none of them got them ... That bad that when they ask my help I just say I can't cause they don't even know what thermostats are...so I've given up even trying.... People just keep reps as trophies that don't have licences

im pretty sure as long as you have a clean record and pay your dues each year you will be cut some slack over a mere few days

I've found that if you're ever worried about your licence, the best thing is to give them a call and at least alert them to the fact that you have now paid and you can then query them of any likely consequence on the phone if you want to go that far.

The only real issue I had was I went over a few weeks and they were in the process of my renewal when I was about to purchase new hatchies... They sent me a completely new no. DOH!!!!... I'm all up to date now tho ( I think lol )

Ive done my wildlife return a whole month late in Victoria a couple of years ago. They still sent out the receipt of the return and nothing was ever said. I think the fact that it was paid will be good enough. They'd understand that people make mistakes especially where money is involved. You're clearly not someone trying to find loopholes or "scam" the system and get out of paying so you should be fine!

u will be okay i forgot to send in my record book this year so im just wait til next year ;s opps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back