New wheels. Happy Chappy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
God bless Mexico! I would have paid double for this in Darwin. '97 80 series, 245 on the clock (just run in 1HZ), new everything. Didn't miss a beat in the 3,500 km run home. Now the fun begins (just add bash plates).

DSC_0026_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0049_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0025_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0070_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0062_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0073_edited-1.jpg

Nice pickup Steve.
It looks like a Toorak tractor.:D

That's the plan J, all the bells and whistles but no hard yards!

She's got a very different life ahead of her!

Dam I thought I was guna c a bike lol

All you need now is a patrol to pull you out every time you're stuck
:lol:

Nice purchase !!

Nice purchase !!

We have some patrols at work on Stradbroke island and they are useless. They have no power. Nice wheels Steve.

Last edited:

Nice purchase !!

Actually you would be surprized how may cruisers, patrols and hiluxs my old jeep pulled out of bogs! And the price for the 80 series was a princely 13k.

ah yes steve a real man drives a toyota , those who want to talk but not walk drive (or try to anyway) one of those pootroll"s ;)

Too bad it isnt a patrol, nice clean bus though mate :)
qe3y8ahy.jpg

A picture of my gq patrol

Rick

Thats a tidy bus Steve, Looks like the suspensions been done. What other mods does it come with?

My younger brother spent close to $100k on this. After spending a few days away camping with it I was jealous. Not even off road modified and it still did well... Such awesome cars :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a tidy bus Steve, Looks like the suspensions been done. What other mods does it come with?

new items include ARB bar, engine seals, clutch, belts, hoses, bushes, dual batteries with auto isolator, spotlights and headlight upgrades, safari snorkel, rear wheel carrier, led interior lights, pioneer stereo, 12v plugs in rear, king springs, HD shocks, steering damper, copper radiator, electric brake controller, 16" micky thompsons etc, etc. He just set it up for a round oz trip but a neck operation went wrong and he cant drive a manual anymore. Poor bugger. Good for me though!

go the patrol 4.2td not the 3 lt grenade
no toy motor you have there Steve let the fun begin :p
soon will be able to test her out on the howard springs back tracks

Yeah , never get a 4wd with the same size motor as a bottle of milk.

go the patrol 4.2td not the 3 lt grenade
no toy motor you have there Steve let the fun begin :p
soon will be able to test her out on the howard springs back tracks

The newer CRD 3ltrs are good, but i would agree the 4.2tds are a great motor (especially if you want to throw $10k at it). Mine old had the little 2.8td but it goes alright for what it is, eats my brother inlaws non turbo 4.2td.

Rick

I think that the cruiser is a great car , Yes I have a 3ltr patrol with a 2 inch lift and run BFG AT's - that's it , and between my friend 90 series 2 inch body and suspension lift front and back lockers BFG muds we BOTH can get stuck if we are silly enough

phatty -- the 3ltr is NO toy a bit of basic common sense can get you to most places with ease , my dad a former rally driver took a Datsun 120y to Cooktown through the Daintree and back in the early 80's , he was laughed at on the way up and applauded on the way back .
DSC01188.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah , never get a 4wd with the same size motor as a bottle of milk.

again you seem to have little faith !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the cruiser is a great car , Yes I have a 3ltr patrol with a 2 inch lift and run BFG AT's - that's it , and between my friend 90 series 2 inch body and suspension lift front and back lockers BFG muds we BOTH can get stuck if we are silly enough

phatty -- the 3ltr is NO toy a bit of basic common sense can get you to most places with ease , my dad a former rally driver took a Datsun 120y to Cooktown through the Daintree and back in the early 80's , he was laughed at on the way up and applauded on the way back .

- - - Updated - - -

again you seem to have little faith !!

The milk comment was a bit of stir up but the patrols that we have at work, brand new ones fully loaded to maximum capacity have nothing on the v8 land cruisers that we use over there. They are very gutless.

Hope your safari snorkel is a good one if your are bringing it to Borneo???
Pair of water wings might help too

Looks good mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back