Here he is! Albino Darwin (Image Heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptiBeck

Reaction score
Received my little guy last night, opened container and bag in car to check he was okay and he looked so healthy and gorgeous.
Unpacked him later with family watching, he was docile as anything, a little flighty from stress, and he is really nice looking and healthy.
If anything, he may be a little underweight, can't tell in these photos though...

Here's some pics of when i first got him out and then put him in enclosure:
IMG_0040.jpgScreen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.05.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.06.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.06.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.06.25 AM.png

This morning when i opened the little guys cave:
IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0060.jpgIMG_0062.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

And his first handling session this morning:
IMG_0068.jpg

This morning he had even gone to the toilet which looked like a healthy one, too :)

Not sure about the name Ezio (Et-see-o) anymore...don't know if it suits...

Anyway, feeding him tomorrow, will post pics and/or video of that.

But HERE HE IS!!

Becky

Well done Becky. Beautiful set up you have too, by the look of it.

I still think Ezio is a cool name...

Good looking fella right there. Just thought I'd point out a lot of people recommend to let it settle into its enclosure for a week or so before handling. Helps them to settle in and feel a bit safer after the stress of a big move.

Good looking fella right there. Just thought I'd point out a lot of people recommend to let it settle into its enclosure for a week or so before handling. Helps them to settle in and feel a bit safer after the stress of a big move.
Yes haha i know, the breeder said its fine as long as its for a few minutes for the first week and to feed him the day after or two days after as well.

Yes haha i know, the breeder said its fine as long as its for a few minutes for the first week and to feed him the day after or two days after as well.
i find it really does depend on the individual also , if they are relaxed and arnt obviously stressing i dont think it matters all that much , ive had new snakes ive handled from the get go with absolutely no problems and some that have been alot more timid and ive had to leave them alone for a while

i think its more of a blanket rule in a way more for new keepers who may not read the snakes signs as easily as others

i find it really does depend on the individual also , if they are relaxed and arnt obviously stressing i dont think it matters all that much , ive had new snakes ive handled from the get go with absolutely no problems and some that have been alot more timid and ive had to leave them alone for a while

i think its more of a blanket rule in a way more for new keepers who may not read the snakes signs as easily as others
Thanks :) he doesn't seem to be timid at all, really curious and settled :)
Ive had a snappy, flighty bredli hatchling before so sort-of know the signs :)

wow hes amazing and beautiful setup you have for him too
im soooooooooo jealous not long for me about a month or so fingers crossed

simply awesome. I am so jealous. Enjoy your lovely new snakey :)

Oh my! What a looker, such a stunner :) A very big congrats, make sure to keep us updated...these guys just keep getting more beautiful by the day ^_^

Oh my! What a looker, such a stunner :) A very big congrats, make sure to keep us updated...these guys just keep getting more beautiful by the day ^_^

Agreed and i will, i think he is going to have the white head when adult...can see pure white coming through under the pinky yellow on his head :D
Thankyou ^.^

Nice set up and a good looking snake. I have been seriously thinking about getting one of these

Okay thanks :) due for a feed anyway...just had a lot of loose skin when in certain positions, cant see it anymore, do they suck in their bellies when stressed?

What do you mean by suck their bellies in?

Gorgeous Beck. Looks healthy in the pictures. Wrinkly skin could be a sign he is a bit dehydrated. As long as he has a water bowl I wouldn't be concerned. Does he do the sucking in as you touch him? If so that is fairly normal for them to pull their muscles away from your touch.

Ezio is still a good name and is probay the best character. Desmond was sort of annoying and Altair while pretty cool was too serious. I still like the idea of Ezio and Sofia for a pair. I might have to use those names sometime. :) Enjoy your little one. I'm sure it won't take home lo.g to settle in.

Gorgeous Beck. Looks healthy in the pictures. Wrinkly skin could be a sign he is a bit dehydrated. As long as he has a water bowl I wouldn't be concerned. Does he do the sucking in as you touch him? If so that is fairly normal for them to pull their muscles away from your touch.

Ezio is still a good name and is probay the best character. Desmond was sort of annoying and Altair while pretty cool was too serious. I still like the idea of Ezio and Sofia for a pair. I might have to use those names sometime. :) Enjoy your little one. I'm sure it won't take home lo.g to settle in.

Yeah i didnt think of that, thanks! And if he gets a gf it will be Pandora :3 wanted to name him that but too girly hehe so can't resist.
I can't remember about the sucking in thing, he has stopped now...got one bite before haha
Isn't eating yet, keeping the rat in with him in feeding container overnight as suggested by his breeder.

Gorgeous snake, I pre-ordered one last week as the guy I got Skittles from just had a big clutch laid a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back