DIY New double enclosure build.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks great :) Looking forward to seeing pics with your little guys in there.

Looks amazing mate, lots of time put in to this DIY. Looks like a real piece of furniture, unlike my white melamine ones lol.

Rick

vpjn7t.jpg
et7gbt.jpg
14jagqr.jpg
5pvu0.jpg
24eukya.jpg
28mjl3m.jpg
dph9oz.jpg
2qcoxhe.jpg

Spent a few hours on the enclosures today. The slots for the main door locks were cut and fitted the shelves. The seam in the middle of the rear wall didn't look too good, so I hid it with a 150mm shelf the full with of the enclosure. The bottom shelf is for the hide box, with a dark area under to hide away. The top shelf is another hidden area and would hold a pocket of warm air. The sink strainer vents were originally going to have hole drilled and screwed into place. The stainless steel was tougher than my hardened drill bits so I ended up epoxy gluing them in place. One panel of 6mm Perspex has already been installed. Just waiting for the hardware store to stock replenish the tabs which hold them in place.

Last edited:
You've re-inspired me to finish my double. No where near as big or impressive as yours :)

Ps the name plates are a nice touch :)
Got them off ebay.
Isis the Albino Darwin will be in the left enclosure and Mickey the 4yr old Diamond is going to take up residence in the right side.
Brutus the male Albino Darwin and Ceasar the Centralian are waiting for the next pair to be built. Hopefully will have the enthusiasm to start in a month or so. This enclosure has taken most of my spare time over the last few weeks, aged me in dog years but the pythons will love it.

Ive been building mine for over a year. Lack of time and funds has it on hold!

Should be proud it looks amazing mate.

Ive been building mine for over a year. Lack of time and funds has it on hold!

Should be proud it looks amazing mate.

Thanks. Took me a while to get some spare money to start up this enclosure. I was originally going to purchase a couple of pine wardrobes and convert them. After a bit of planning figured I mays well start from scratch. The pair of enclosures including fittings, stain etc has cost around $1400 for the pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back