Spotted want's blood

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwilso

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've had this spotted for around 5 months now. Got her as a hatchie, Every time I open her click clack she gets very flighty and goes into defence mode and strikes like crazy at me. Tried using a hook to pick her up hoping to transition to hand but she'll just sit on the hook striking at air or dust particles or my shirt/face, have tried feeding in a different click clack ( thought she may have associated me with food ), tried letting her come out of the click clack on her own. I feed every 5 days, I only try to handle once a week/fortnight. The bit doesn't bother me I just don't want her stressing every time it have to change water/clean enclosure. Of the pythons I've owned this one is by far the snappiest. Any ideas?

persistence my male spotted was a so and so until about a year and a half old
i just kept picking him up trying to keep him moving in my hands
i would pick him up every third day and then in couple weeks every second day
good luck hope this helps a bit

Try to handle the snake most days except a day or two after feeding. Even if you handle them for 5 minutes and is a positive experience to them, they will settle down in time. My bredli Hatchling was vicious. I donated a little blood to him
until he figured out that I wasn't going to hurt him and started to settle down and explore. Won't happen straight away, just keep persistant and try to make the experience as stress free and calm as you can.

Don't give up!

My spotted was just like that too - I had to handle her with gloves on. She's beautiful now - very friendly and hasn't snapped at anyone or anything (except food) since she was about a year old. Persevere!

My lil spotted is a nutter.... Some (most) calm down with time. At the end of the day it's no big deal, you can barely feel being tagged by a spotted

What i used on my jungle.. (never been bitten)
i hook him out and place him on the bed/table what evs, then put my hand down (along with my brother and sister) and let me glide and walk over it, then after 5 minutes of this , when he walks over ur hand lift up slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back