Temporary Licenses?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been granted a temporary license number before receiving the official license and what format is the number? ie, someone wants to purchase a hatchy of mine and has forwarded me a temporary license number such as F12345 for example. If so, did you still get an official document proving this or just a number emailed etc?

Need to make sure I'm not dealing with a dodgy buyer.

Cheers.

I would say dodgy if its nsw, if they applied online the number is generated automatically, by paper I called them and they gave me my number over the phone before I had received my paperwork.

It is NSW.

I'll probably refuse or delay the sale until I see an official document or email from the department with the number on it. I've sold to people before who only applied that day, but 'still' got the AKL format license. Online and paper applications may have different processing guidelines though. I don't expect I could call the department on a long or any weekend, hence why I'm asking here.

As far as I was aware if they applied for a license on line than they would be issued with a number right away which would start with a AKLZ.
If they applied via snail mail then they don't give out a temp number so would need to wait until they received the actual license.

I am giving an old spotted python to a youngster who applied for her license last week and has already got the official document. This 'temporary' business sounds seriously dodgy. A past buyer had problems with a delayed license because her credit card expiry hadn't been listed. The OEH just didn't process it or let her know until we rang them and finally got to talk to a person. No mention of temporary licenses, etc.

Ive never heard of temp licence i got it as soon as i paid for my licence ive had friends get their licence in the last three month and they had the exact same process as me it seems a bit sus to me

They seem to want it in a hurry and have mentioned their impatience with the licensing procedure. The fact that this person comes from Bankstown only serves to amplify my suspicion too!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'll just tell them I need to see official documentation.

OEH DECC whatever they are these days does give out license numbers over the phone on occasion ,it goes against the regulation that your supposed to sight a license , so maybe you can place them under arrest or something.
If the law was followed names and license numbers would be displayed with all advertising ,not much use in having a license if its not displayed to check,which is why plenty of non licensed sellers advertise.

I tried to check out a buyers' license number with the DECCW (name at that time) and they would not tell me if it was legit or not. I told him I needed to see the paper and that sale never happened.

There is no such thing as a temp license, even when we were at the Newcastle Expo those that had smart phones were able to get their license number whithin 30 min of application on the net, and their paper license would be sent out within 60 days, all the license numbers in NSW for 2013 have started with AKLZ so anything other than that has to be viewed as dodgy, so i would suggest hold them off till you have something in black and white :) .....................................Ron

I applied for my licence and received an email with the licence attached the next day.

It seems to be very inconsistent. I applied online and received my license in pdf format (by email) in literally minutes. I never received a paper license - I was instructed in the email to print the pdf and keep for my records.

So i reckon that makes it pretty much a majority, sounds dodgy should treat it as dodgy and go with your gut. :) ....................................Ron

I advised him that temporary license or not, I still need to see official licensing documentation. Needless to say I haven't had a response. Nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back