can beareded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannine

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
eat maggots?

i guess they must in the wild and have been thinking about putting a bit of meat outside in a container and letting the blowies lay and then giving them to my girl but thought i should ask first

thank you

They can eat maggots, although rotton meat is gross lol. A superior source of nutrition is soldier fly larvae. Look up how to attract and breed them and you will have an unlimited and fantastic, non smelly food source that will keep normal house flies at bay too!

The Frog ARC (arcade) sell calcigents (calcium gents), these are a species of fly that are high in calcium.

I probably wouldnt be using wild blowflys but you can also get different sized flys from thw Frog ARC as well so that may be an option, they are reasonably cheap to buy as well.

Rick

Last edited:
thank you both for your answers

much appreciated and will look them up

eat maggots?

i guess they must in the wild and have been thinking about putting a bit of meat outside in a container and letting the blowies lay and then giving them to my girl but thought i should ask first

thank you
you can buy them at bait shops generally called "Gents"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back