Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjajoe,-
Sorry buddy but you are wrong on everything that you have said involing albino olives. I have not made one cent off them for starters, as said the albino olives that i have bred were not mine but some elses that i raised and bred for them. The animals that i have are my percenage for breeding them for them.
You then state that they have reduced vigour, slower growth, and have defects. If you have found this when you are breeding them then you are definitely doing some thing wrong. Bad husbandry and or wrong incubation techniques. So this has been your falt not the genetics of the animals. I have proven this once and have just proven it again this season, with out a dought.

TrueBlue,
these may be your experiences but "all" (alb olives) are not like this. You have to be honest that "some" certainly do have reduced vigour and "some" have fertility issues and "some" have eye defects........but not "all".......Exactly the same with jags and exactly the same with Zebras.........

barramundi,-

No im sorry but i donot agree.
I know exactly why alot of people have trouble with males when it comes to breeding vigour and fertility, (the same applys to females), and it has nothing to do with the genetics of the animals.
As for the defects you keep speaking of, you yourself have even stated in this very thread that it was wrong incubation techniques and that they have now sorted this problem out.
How can it have anything to do with their genetics if they have sorted this problem this out.?????

For eye defects to occur in just the albino line and not standard olives clearly suggests that the eye defects are linked to albinism........

Dont get me wrong, I love alb olives and think they are solid animals and a worthy project..........This is proof that defects can be worked through and negated.......

Last edited:
barramundi,-
Unusual thou that none of the albino olives that i have bred have shown any sign of this.
Honestly im over all this bickering, life is to short and the hobby to small.
We all need to find some common ground on all these issues with each other. The hobby used to be so much fun for so many years, and look what we are all doing to it. Im as much to blame as anyone, more so in sonme areas.
Im prepared to extend the first olive branch and WILL sell some of this comming seasons hypos to some of the people that keep jags out there. They will soon learn to keep them pure for the hobby, their own, and the animals best interest. These things are stunning and get better with each shed, they will find out that it is pointless to breed them with anything but pure coastals.
cheers all

Rob.

Last edited:
barramundi,-
Unusual thou that none of the albino olives that i have bred have shown any sign of this.
Honestly im over all this bickering, life is to short and the hobby to small.
We all need to find some common ground on all these issues with each other. The hobby used to be so much fun for so many years, and look what we are all doing to it. Im as much to blame as anyone, more so in sonme areas.
Im prepared to extend the olive branch and WILL sell some of this comming seasons hypos to some of the people that keep jags out there. They will soon learn to keep them pure in the hobby, their own, and the animals interest. These things are stunning and get better with each shed, they will find out that it is pointless to coss them with anything but pure coastals.
cheers all

Rob.

Rob,
I just want to clarify, morph breeders don't go crossing every animal in their collection, we/I still keep and maintain pure wild type and line bred herps that are not utilised in morph breeding.

I don't find it unusual at all that you haven't experienced issues. Perhaps now you understand why I had defended my experiences with my JAG lines so vigourously........

If you are genuine (which it seems you are) put me down for the first pair so I can continue your line as a pure, as said I do maintain pure lines as well............A huge step forward. I and I am sure others will appreciate it........cheers

100% genuine.
Im just to old for all this crap, and as said but MUST be said again. Just look at the damage we are all doing to the hobby, its just bloody ridiculous and getting way beyond a joke.

100% genuine.
Im just to old for all this crap, and as said but MUST be said again. Just look at the damage we are all doing to the hobby, its just bloody ridiculous and getting way beyond a joke.

Cheers Rob, agreed.....

Cool.
There are people out there in the hobby,(old school herps), that have just disolved into their shell because of all this bickering and what not, that keep some amazing stuff, pied balled bhps as just one example. And the hobby is missing out on things like this because of the way things have gone over the last decade or so. Theres species in collections,(100% legal), that almost eveyone dosnt even know exsists. Ive seen and held some of these animals and seen the paper work that proves they are 100% legal. Its such a shame that 99% of people in the hobby may never get to see or hold such animals. All this animosity just has to stop for any chance to make things like the old days and get these guys to join the main stream again.

Last edited:
I cannot understand why there is any bickering at all. Probably because you are mostly males :lol:
There is room in this hobby for all.
Morph or JAG breeders ALSO love their pure lines and will ALWAYS keep them pure.
It is a personal choice what people want to breed. I am not into JAGS but that is MY choice, I don't bang on about it every waking hour of my day. I enjoy my pures and respect other peoples choices.
Why can't others do the same, it is EASY really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jinjoe did you even breed albino olives ?

I said 'tried' and yes I bred 100% hets last year and have a 100% het x het clutch in the incubator right now.

thanks Trent for your insightful input...

Barramundi : Honest question here. You state your Zebras are pure jungle. Zebras were smuggled into this country illegally dont you agree? In Europe and the US the vast majority of Zebras have been crossed with everything from Jags, to Granites, to whatever else. So unless you smuggled the animals into the country yourself or were involved with the people who did, then you cannot say you know them to be pure, as you wouldnt know the source, would you?
Thats how I read into your claims of pure jungle.
And again like I said, its an honest question. Its juat a logical thought that has nothing to do with personalities (i dont know you, your proberbly a great guy)
So please dont think i am accusing you of anything, im not. Rather than saying you smuggled Zebras in, i am saying its too hard to guarentee the purity of Zebras and so they shouldnt be called pure jungles.
Other than that I actually like the look of them, however few are as yellow as I would expect a jungle to be.

You cant trust breeders even here in australia with the pure tales let alone overseas ,good example is diamonds. Its compounded when these so called experienced mates (thats the usual) keep jungles, coastals etc.
The recipients swear by the purity of the animals in total disregard of the physical evidence which can be small jungle type clutches of ten eggs or so ,or very irregular looking hatchlings.
Its happened to me in the past and it happens with many others, humans lie (allot) but DNA reveals all .
Having these pure bred LOL jungle zebs and coastals with jags ( i think thats how the story goes) muddys the waters further.

I cannot understand why there is any bickering at all. Probably because you are mostly males :lol:
Morph or JAG breeders ALSO love their pure lines and will ALWAYS keep them pure.
It is a personal choice what people want to breed. I am not into JAGS but that is MY choice, I don't bang on about it every waking hour of my day. I enjoy my pures and respect other peoples choices.

Well said Fay........

Well I imagine Paul (Harris) is having a huge laugh at the nonsense in this thread. :)

this is by far the best post on this thread......thanks FAY

About time too, you kept dropping the price as well.
What did they go for in the end.? $20.

Having seen the amazing snakes he has on offer, including numerous pures, the Jags, which make up maybe at most 1-5% of his snakes, are all amazing looking specimens, and I felt privileged to be able to snare one before they all went.

And how many people have pure snakes for sale for ages on these forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back