Our first jag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemrock2hot

Reaction score
Just like to share some photos of our first hypo jag :)
durezy4a.jpg

3apeneqa.jpg

uba9utyr.jpg

Whether you agree with breeding jags or not you would find it hard to say you don't like the look of this. A beautiful snake in my opinion.

Is it a hypo bredli jag?

Thank everyone .... Nope the snake came from Manley Brisbane..... It's apparently a Darwin jag. Our first jag and first hypo. I've always admired a lot of jags but could never afford one but this little guy was too good looking and an awesome price to pass up :)

Thank everyone .... Nope the snake came from Manley Brisbane..... It's apparently a Darwin jag. Our first jag and first hypo. I've always admired a lot of jags but could never afford one but this little guy was too good looking and an awesome price to pass up :)
Thats interesting, I can't say that I have heard or seen a hypo Darwin jag before. Either way it is a great looking snake. I just had a look on a facebook site who sell a lot of jags off all types to see if I could see a hypo darwin jag and think that I just saw your snake on there.

Thats interesting, I can't say that I have heard or seen a hypo Darwin jag before. Either way it is a great looking snake. I just had a look on a facebook site who sell a lot of jags off all types to see if I could see a hypo darwin jag and think that I just saw your snake on there.

Ah ok I'd imagine its probably x as most are arnt they.... Oh really? Are you able to pm me details? I did post some pics on a few rep pages on Facebook :)

Oh okay, I'm just buying that looks incredibly similar from Emerald haha, and it's a hypo Bredli Jag

Ah ok I'd imagine its probably x as most are arnt they.... Oh really? Are you able to pm me details? I did post some pics on a few rep pages on Facebook :)
first of all nice jag i love the look of hypo jags but looks to me like its got a real bredli look happening and seeing as the hypo gene is found in bredlis it kinda points towards it as well , but yes jags are essentially all crossed up nowdays so its probably got a bit of alot of things in it

the thing about bredli jags is that there was a clutch that was euthanised in SA last season i think due to there being a DNA difference in bredlis that sets them apart from most morelia , so they cannot be interbred on licence , i think qld may follow similar rules ( although not really enforced) so this i think has led to alot of breeders erring on the side of caution and not labelling animals as bredli jags

this is just speculation on my part though , ill admit that :) ;) but it does look incredibly like other hypo bredli jags ive seen , and on the other hand it is a jag it could have anything in it by now , like i said nice snake though

first of all nice jag i love the look of hypo jags but looks to me like its got a real bredli look happening and seeing as the hypo gene is found in bredlis it kinda points towards it as well , but yes jags are essentially all crossed up nowdays so its probably got a bit of alot of things in it

the thing about bredli jags is that there was a clutch that was euthanised in SA last season i think due to there being a DNA difference in bredlis that sets them apart from most morelia , so they cannot be interbred on licence , i think qld may follow similar rules ( although not really enforced) so this i think has led to alot of breeders erring on the side of caution and not labelling animals as bredli jags

this is just speculation on my part though , ill admit that :) ;) but it does look incredibly like other hypo bredli jags ive seen , and on the other hand it is a jag it could have anything in it by now , like i said nice snake though
If you have a look at page 5 of this thread it has the actual legislation for a lot of states.

[h=1]What should be done with sibs?[/h]

Gorgeous python.. But sadly, as amazing to look at as they are, I just can't look at jags the same way as I used to.

Anyway, has the cute little fella got a name? :D

x

If you have a look at page 5 of this thread it has the actual legislation for a lot of states.

[h=1]What should be done with sibs?[/h]
i have been following that thread ;) so far though from what i see there is really only WA and SA that have specifically outlined no breeding between subspecies , question is (and im not willing to follow it up with parks as its not even my state) is does the QLD authorities class a breeding between subspecies of the morelia genus to be interbred or do they not class it as a hybrid , it would seem simple but there laws have already shown grey areas in that it states no mutations yet they allow albinos , caramels , axanthics etc

Gorgeous python.. But sadly, as amazing to look at as they are, I just can't look at jags the same way as I used to.

Anyway, has the cute little fella got a name? :D

x

Yeh so I've been calling him Spartan haha it's kinda stuck I think it suits him

i have been following that thread ;) so far though from what i see there is really only WA and SA that have specifically outlined no breeding between subspecies , question is (and im not willing to follow it up with parks as its not even my state) is does the QLD authorities class a breeding between subspecies of the morelia genus to be interbred or do they not class it as a hybrid , it would seem simple but there laws have already shown grey areas in that it states no mutations yet they allow albinos , caramels , axanthics etc

I think there a lot of people happy to see this grey area not cleared up for fear of what may come.

I also think the governing body is happy to not change legislation because that is too hard as well.

Very interesting topic though.

my hypo bredli jag came today and looks exactly like yours his name is UKTENA....it comes from cherokee indian heritage...and its means horned serpent,and he is devilish cos he has already gone to bite me while i was putting in a couple of hides for his new home so i hope he calms down soon...he looks so nice cant wait to get him out and show him off to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back