Sunny Coast Tiger!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded

Attachments

• DSC_9039.JPG
    DSC_9039.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_9045.JPG
    DSC_9045.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_9048.JPG
    DSC_9048.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_9051.JPG
    DSC_9051.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_9054.JPG
    DSC_9054.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_9062.JPG
    DSC_9062.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_9066.JPG
    DSC_9066.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 93
Good shots of a nice specimen mate. I've never seen a Tiger Snake from the Sunshine Coast before, so it's interesting to see one.

Awesome call out result Mark!

great find Mark, good to see them comming back in decent numbers finally.
Must admit thou he the blandest qld tiger ive ever seen, and ive seen a few over the last few years, most are stunning animals.

great find Mark, good to see them comming back in decent numbers finally.
Must admit thou he the blandest qld tiger ive ever seen, and ive seen a few over the last few years, most are stunning animals.
Are they coming back? Hope so but I haven't seen evidence yet. Red Bellies definitely are, they have suddenly become a common callout but this tiger was in the wasteland of a new estate. What scrub and swamp that was there had been bulldozed and drained and I think she was desperately trying to find a suitable home. With a bit of luck, and my help, she has now found one.

Mark and saratoga,
Yes they are comming back in better numbers every year it seems. Much the same as the common blacks, but no where near as wide spread or common.
Tigers used to be very common in pockets of the sunshine coast many many years ago, then they seemed to dissapear. Now more and more turn up each season if you know where to look.
They have been recorded as far north as Marybougrh.
The animal you just relocated is almost certainly a male not a female.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back