Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This male

BLKMale.JPG

has just watched this female lay her first clutch..

B&GBLKF2013.JPG

Hopefully the black increases. Just another step towards a new purebred morph.

A couple of partially striped Golden-tails, I am currently trying to extend the stripe as far as possible.
This season will be the 1st time I am pairing these two so fingers crossed :)

g121.jpg

jungle freak,-
Gee how the hell do capture the true yellow when taking pics.???
For the love of me i just cant do this, but im hopelss taking pics anyway. This still applys to everyone that has taken pics of my jungles.
I have a cowley here that ive raised that is just sooooo yellow but when ever myself or anyone else takes a pic of it. it looks crap.

jungle freak,-
For the love of me i just cant do this, but im hopelss taking pics anyway. This still applys to everyone that has taken pics of my jungles.
I have a cowley here that ive raised that is just sooooo yellow but when ever myself or anyone else takes a pic of it. it looks crap.

Rob .
I use A Cannon Power Shot SX120 , 10 Mega Pixels .
Its a few years old now but takes good pics.
I just use it on auto mode.
Also for yellow to show up in pics the individual pythons needs to have a lot of yellow as well.
But the fluro lemon yellow is hardest to capture in pics. My Kraus line palmerstons are hardest to capture the yellow . I usually take 20 or more shots in various angles at different distances and conditions .
Then just use the best image.
Roger.

Central bearded dragon (Pogona vitticeps), reduced scale morph (leatherback) - incomplete dominance.
View attachment 297915
CBD, 'leatherback' (incomplete dominance), translucent (recessive, reduced white pigmentation, i.e. iridophores and leucophores) and hypomelanistic (recessive, reduced amounts of black pigmentation, i.e. melanin),
View attachment 297916
CBD, 'leatherback' (incomplete dominance)
View attachment 297918
-Black headed python (Aspidites melanocephalus), 'Ocellate' morph (polygenic, increase of pattern).View attachment 297917

Awesome love the dragons, Laura any chance of seeing a Hypo lemon?

I don't think it will be too long before people are breeding the high yellow dragons with hypos - this should produce something similar :)

jungle freak,-
I agree its very hard. This female K Aland lined Jungle I have, bred by Onimocnhoj on this forum, is really high fluro post-it note yellow but no picture I have taken catches it.

Attachments

• palm high yellow.jpg
    palm high yellow.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 174
I agree its very hard. This female K Aland lined Jungle I have, bred by Onimocnhoj on this forum, is really high fluro post-it note yellow but no picture I have taken catches it.
I do a bit of hobby photography like a few others here ,whenever I get the time, natural light is the best way to get the yellows, I've found that in the mornings from 6:30ish (summer in Brisbane) to about 11ish gets the best out of colours and the arvo between 2 and 4, the middle of the day tends to make colours look faded, Also the background makes a big difference in the appearance and depth of colour, using a background that naturally "Brings out the Colour" , light greens and bright dark greens bring out yellow really well :)

2012-07-20 2012-07-20 001 019.jpgWildthings

You are correct, my cheap little Canon is excellent in your suggested conditions

I do a bit of hobby photography like a few others here ,whenever I get the time, natural light is the best way to get the yellows, I've found that in the mornings from 6:30ish (summer in Brisbane) to about 11ish gets the best out of colours and the arvo between 2 and 4, the middle of the day tends to make colours look faded, Also the background makes a big difference in the appearance and depth of colour, using a background that naturally "Brings out the Colour" , light greens and bright dark greens bring out yellow really well :)

Cool info, thx for that. Ill give it a go.

I find I also get truer to life colours shooting in the shade ( I do mine around 4-5pm ), rather than in direct sunlight.

I think the lighter coloured animals tend to under expose when photographed.I have a hell of a time trying to get half decent shots of albs etc.

I have so much trouble to capture a picture of my hypo, just the sun lends to over kill it and all. You take the picture in the shade and she is too dark or you take it in the sun and it doesnt even look like her.

Vixen,-
Ive tried inside, outside, hight sunlight, low sunlight, every which way you can think of.
Im just a crap at taking pics i think lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back