Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Zeb say what you want this is usual he said she said all the time when it boils down too it we are all in the same amazing hobby that we all so feel passionately about we will always have different views we are only human thats what makes us individuals so i believe everyone that shares the same passion should respect those different views and move on together!! as the crazy snake lovers that we are!! just my thoughts...he looks hot though i reckon... ha haIMG_8783.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Zeb say what you want this is usual he said she said all the time when it boils down too it we are all in the same amazing hobby that we all so feel passionately about we will always have different views we are only human thats what makes us individuals so i believe everyone that shares the same passion should respect those different views and move on together!! as the crazy snake lovers that we are!! just my thoughts...he looks hot though i reckon... ha haView attachment 298469

NICE jungle
Looks like a few up here that are similar but a bit bigger??
YEEHAH
I can bust the zebra market wide open??

Last edited by a moderator:
photo-5.jpgNo really I think it does and thats all that matters!

Last edited:
ha ha what you dont reckon its a pure zeb?

Might be pure jungle
But only if pure jungles hit 6metres??

Aussie jungle keepers might need bigger vivs in future
526209_3758947096766_1270355363_n.jpg

Last edited:
Whoops forgot to crop the tail sorry guys secrets out!!! Wow all jokes aside Longqi that is stunning a bali zeb?

Last edited:
That's one of the best zeb's I've seen in Oz Lexy.

i think the above quote is what Fay was getting at..........

In regards to guaranteeing whether these morph lines are pure, I see where you and others are coming from. Basically my scenario is, I bought my Zebs from the breeder as hatchos approx 18 months ago, with a solid understanding they are pure Jungle. I saw the parents, other hatchos and pics of the adults mating and eggs hatching....

As I have known the breeder for a long time and we are good friends away from herp, I do have confidence in what he has said and shown to me......

As the morph originated in Jungles and has been subsequently bred to Jungles I do go under the premise they(mine) are pure jungle. I do also have a non pure Jungle zeb from the same breeder and the difference visually is dramatic. Therefore giving myself further confidence they (my zebs) are pure jungle. Basically I purchased mine from the breeder with the correct permits and paper and with the understanding they were pure jungle (except for the outcross) and that is the premise I go on now.......

But like you say I cant 100% prove they are pure, but the evidence I was presented with suggests they are......I will grab some pics of the pures and of the outcross and post up shortly.....

Can I ask you this, do you have the same issues with the absolute majority of Gtp's in collections in Aus??????

The GTP is really no different. Although someone did get caught smuggling them into the country.
Alot of people point to the amnesty in NSW to say they are above board now. I dont keep GTPs at this point in time, but yes its very similar to the Jag/Zeb situation.

Not fertile sorry Roger as all the other long term Zeb breeders in this thread have stated... such a shame really!

From what I understand the Zebra morph was produce by Paul Harris (UK) in 2003 from a pairing of pure jungles (as they do have pure lines in the UK and EU as well as the USA), in 2008 Paul Harris proved it as co-dominate by producing the Super Zebra.

What's going to be next the MD albinos and the Jungle Axanthics are hybrids too?

LOL love these threads

What info do you have on the Albino MD? would be cool to see what it looks like. Any pics?

Not the best photo after reducing the size etc from my phone..........

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 233
From what I understand the Zebra morph was produce by Paul Harris (UK) in 2003 from a pairing of pure jungles (as they do have pure lines in the UK and EU as well as the USA), in 2008 Paul Harris proved it as co-dominate by producing the Super Zebra.

Spot on. I find it so funny when people say there are no pure lines outside of Australia.

Hi yellowbeard, got any info on jungle axanthics? I've heard stories, but nothing solid about pure lines being bred here in Aus

What info do you have on the Albino MD? would be cool to see what it looks like. Any pics?

Sorry my bad, I meant the Albino mcdowlli that was on the other Australian Reptile forum:)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi yellowbeard, got any info on jungle axanthics? I've heard stories, but nothing solid about pure lines being bred here in Aus

Google is you friend, just search axanthic jungle it is listed on the website which can tell you all about it:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back