Stimson Python Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reefy25

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i bought a 6 year old Stimson python and I've had her for about 8 months now and she hasn't been as active as when i first bought her. The temp is sitting around 31-34 at the hot end and around 26-28 at the cool end. She hasn't eaten for about 4 months and I'm just getting worried that there is something wrong as this is my first snake, another concern is her skin is soft and she is always in her hide as well. She's not due for shed as she shed around 2 weeks ago. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

sounds normal , when our snakes come out of brumation we find that the male will relapse and we start him on a pinky to get him going then just increase the size -- in the same feed . So braining might be a good start , just to get the senses working again .

I am not criticizing but curious why you bought a 6 yr old as a first snake .? We wanted the joy of watching one grow . :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll try brain the mice, I'm trying to feed her weaners? Is that a good size to start her on? The reason i bought a six year old was because she was very tame and loved being handled. I didn't want a hatchling as I might have raised the hatchling wrong haha :lol: Thanks

Hi, my little girl stopped eating for 3-4mths and being my first snake i was worried but after vet visit and blood tests etc all was good. She is 2.5yrs old so just finding her feet i guess as she used to be such a pig but luckily she did not loose weight. i have since learnt that this breed is reknown for going off food intermit so I have learnt to relaxed a bit but i guess as they get older if she consumes enough the other months to keep putting on weight a few months here of there wont hurt.
oh and mine wont take it unless i pinch the nose of the rat so it has some blood, i found the braining didnt work with her as good as this :)

Last edited:
My male was so fussy I swapped to day old chicks... He still prob only eats 5/6 max a yr but is a picture of health ( still a pain tho ) lol :)

Thanks heaps! She hasn't gone skinnier at all which is a good sign, ill try feed her again in a few days and use the braining technique. Hopefully this works :) I was gonna try and feed her chicks but the pet store near me never has them in stock haha ill definitely buy some though.

sounds normal , when our snakes come out of brumation we find that the male will relapse and we start him on a pinky to get him going then just increase the size -- in the same feed . So braining might be a good start , just to get the senses working again .

I am not criticizing but curious why you bought a 6 yr old as a first snake .? We wanted the joy of watching one grow . :)

We got our first snake, a 7 yr old bredli, from a "broken home". My wife had been against snakes until then, but because of the circumstances, she agreed to take it. Now she can't get enough of them. It has since died of a tumour, and we now have a juvenile bredli, and a juvenile MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back