Sleeping with pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it ok to sleep with pets

• Yes

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Who cares

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else sleep with their pets, whatever kind it is?
I've slept with all of my pets(dogs,birds,rabbit, shingleback:lol:) besides my frog snake and fish(for obvious reasons:shock:) funnily enough they are the three that live in my room!...
These days I find it almost impossible to sleep without one of my birds.

does anyone think there's anything wrong about sleeping with pets? Good/ok or bad idea????

I would be worried about rolling over and injuring or even killing them. Apart from my dog, but he was boxer x mastiff x ridgeback, so more likely i would get injured lol.

Our little Westie (west Highland Terrier) sleeps inside on the bed, has since he was a few months old, would love for our Amstaff to sleep inside but its her job to keep a look out at night;)

I would be worried about rolling over and injuring or even killing them. Apart from my dog, but he was boxer x mastiff x ridgeback, so more likely i would get injured lol.
i know what u mean. I kind of used to be, but I just slept on the couch with them and stuff .I seem to be a rather light and still sleeper, any little noise can wake me.
my birds have kind of replaced my dogs since the weren't allowed inside anymore:(

If I could fit my 2 great danes and my boyfriend in my bed, I would haha.

I think considering shinglebacks/birds and rabbits all tend to randomly go to the toilet whenever they feel like it I consider it both unnecessary and dirty.

Out little dog sleeps on the bed with uss but only if hes clean and have not been rolling around in the dirt
he thinks he owns the bed between the dog and the missus i cant even roll over

I sleep with one of my dogs (Australian cattle dog) and my cat every night, I'm always the one in the middle. It's awesome.

Haha! I've got 3 Great Danes and all 3 of them would try to sleep in the bed if they got the chance too lol.

I think considering shinglebacks/birds and rabbits all tend to randomly go to the toilet whenever they feel like it I consider it both unnecessary and dirty.
Only slept with the rabbit once on The couch. Shingleback a couple of times during the day(wrapped with a towel), and my cockatiel sleeps in this little tent thing, and I also have flight suits for my others. My moodle was worse than them

dont know if this counts but one of my rats escaped from an outside enclosure and chewed through the screen door, i awoke at about 3am with a rat on my chest looking at me! lol needless to say i almost had a fit

dont know if this counts but one of my rats escaped from an outside enclosure and chewed through the screen door, i awoke at about 3am with a rat on my chest looking at me! lol needless to say i almost had a fit
I'd say that counts ;) I used to fall asleep then quite often wake up with my princess parrot snuggled up on me. I can barely sleep without him these days

-

I would consider kicking my other half out for the dog :D

When I was a kid the cat used to sleep on my bed all the time. She was a real turd and used to scratch at the door if I shut her out.

I remember once when I had a friend sleeping over we slept with the dogs as well and one(I think it was max) crapped in the bed and in the morning as I was semi awake and moving I touched myself and felt something wet, and guess what it was.... Me and my friend had been rolling and sleeping in it all night :p

nice one max! Your such a little grot!

Yuck!

I couldn't find our little dog the other morning and went into a panic - afraid he had crawled off and died during the night (he is 14). I finally went in and woke my husband, telling him I couldn't find the dog. He just flipped up the blanket at his back and the dog was cuddled up, happy as can be. ...And he says that I spoil the dogs...

Yuck!

I couldn't find our little dog the other morning and went into a panic - afraid he had crawled off and died during the night (he is 14). I finally went in and woke my husband, telling him I couldn't find the dog. He just flipped up the blanket at his back and the dog was cuddled up, happy as can be. ...And he says that I spoil the dogs...
I know. He's such a gross but loving protective little dog. I think I may spoil my birds abit. I know when my princess parrot goes "missing" I quite often find him cuddled up in a small space, same with max when he was allowed inside. They'd just snuggle up to you and go to sleep :)

Two Burmese cats and a Chihuahua usually. My Jack Russell is blind, so she sleeps in the laundry.

nah not down with sleeping with the animals. Health wise and scared of crushing pets

If they're toilet trained they're fine. I used to sleep with mine and he'd get up and go to the litter tray. Rabbits are very intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back