Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just some of my more recent pics

start with the snakies

Little brown

Juvenile Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Juvenile Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Big brown!

Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Little tiger

Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Big tiger!

And FINALLY! A white lipped snake

This one was about to shed

White-lipped Snake (Drysdalia coronoides) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

And this one was about to make me cream (well, it did)

Now a few boring skink!

IMG_76544 by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

McCoy's Skink (Anepischetos maccoyi) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Cunningham's Skink (Egernia cunninghami) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Was happy to find these glossy grass skinks

Glossy Grass Skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Glossy Grass Skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Couple'o frogs

Lesueur's tree frog (Litoria lesueuri) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Brown Tree Frog (Litoria ewingii) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Was happy too see some growling grass frogs yesterday

Growling Grass Frog (Litoria raniformis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

They were basking along the creek like this

enjoy, Nick

Nice shots.

The first shot of the "BIG" Tiger has a fly on it.

Awesome pictures! Nice herping for Melbourne, it took me years to tick all of those species off the list, and I haven't taken pictures anywhere near that nice of most of them. Nice work!

Awesome pictures! Nice herping for Melbourne, it took me years to tick all of those species off the list, and I haven't taken pictures anywhere near that nice of most of them. Nice work!
Thanks!
its taken me a long time to find a white lipped snake haha

Thanks!
its taken me a long time to find a white lipped snake haha

It took me years! Once I found a couple of good spots it became easy though. I have still never seen one right inside 'Melbourne', but the closest I've seen them is pretty close (on the Mornington Peninsula, probably around where you saw some of your stuff).

I still haven't found as many as I'd like. I could go to Tasmania and find piles of them, but that seems a bit like cheating :lol:

Nick !!! I sit here shaking my head in wonder whenever i see your pics, and the realization that you are only 16 makes me feel very inadequate in comparison, you have subject placement, depth of field, use of light and lense choice down to the level a proffessional shutterbug would be pleased with, i just hope that all the distractions that will follow in your late teens i.e girls, cars and alcohol will not make you put down the camera, I can see a huge future for you and your camera just as my Father seen a future for Jason Edwards when he was 17. I hope you are putting together a portfolio of your best work because IMHO you are going to be up there with the best, you know how good you are and so does everyone here, it would be criminal for you to lose interest in this field. :) .............................Ron

Nick !!! I sit here shaking my head in wonder whenever i see your pics, and the realization that you are only 16 makes me feel very inadequate in comparison, you have subject placement, depth of field, use of light and lense choice down to the level a proffessional shutterbug would be pleased with, i just hope that all the distractions that will follow in your late teens i.e girls, cars and alcohol will not make you put down the camera, I can see a huge future for you and your camera just as my Father seen a future for Jason Edwards when he was 17. I hope you are putting together a portfolio of your best work because IMHO you are going to be up there with the best, you know how good you are and so does everyone here, it would be criminal for you to lose interest in this field. :) .............................Ron

Thank you Ron, greatly appreciated :) ..
the only thing that'll distract me from herping is richmond winning a grand final ! .. but that wont happen anytime soon so i should be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back