Can I Sell Snake Shedded Skin?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Is it possible to sell shedded snake skin . I usally throw it in the bin but i thought i should sell it and see what happens Is it leggal to sell?

Strictly speaking it would be illegal to sell it unless the purchaser had a licence. It is illegal to dispose of any protected fauna or part thereof unless to another licenced person. But if someone's silly enough to pay for it, why not...

Jamie

i once saw an add on a site, a chick wanted snake shed to use on fake nails, she was licenced but only owned a small spotted python and needed a lot more snake shed.

so i mailed her about 20 sheds from various pythons of mine. i did not get paid for it and did not want any money as i normally throw it in the bin.

i once saw an add on a site, a chick wanted snake shed to use on fake nails, she was licenced but only owned a small spotted python and needed a lot more snake shed.

so i mailed her about 20 sheds from various pythons of mine. i did not get paid for it and did not want any money as i normally throw it in the bin.

That's actually a really good idea!
The nails would look awesome.

A TAD off topic but I would love to get some sheds done on fake nails. Can anyone enlighten me on how they would put it on the nails please?

ahh well, if people buy shed's from snakes, then anything is possible i reckon!

I occasionally give them to a friend of mine who is an artist. She gave me a painting with my old coastals shed incorporated in it. I wish I knew where it was, her art sells for big bucks now.

ahh well, if people buy shed's from snakes, then anything is possible i reckon!
You mean you haven't been asked to supply skins and poo as rat deterent. I get a request for a quote a couple of times a year.

A TAD off topic but I would love to get some sheds done on fake nails. Can anyone enlighten me on how they would put it on the nails please?

My fiancée tells me, you paint your nails with whatever colour you want, let it dry, then paint them in clear, while the clear is wet, place the shed on your nails, let it dry, then finish with LOTS of clear coats.

My fiancée tells me, you paint your nails with whatever colour you want, let it dry, then paint them in clear, while the clear is wet, place the shed on your nails, let it dry, then finish with LOTS of clear coats.

Tell her shes a legend thanks!!!

Hmmmm... One of mine shed today and the other should in a few days. Might have to give the snake shed nails ago. :D

Hahaha I had to look twice when I saw amazing amazon selling snake poo... It does make sense though :p

A word of caution, snake skins have salmonella living on them, as snakes do, harmless to them in most circumstances, but can cause all sorts of nasty problems if it gets into a humans digestive systems, this nasty little bugger can enter through cuts, abrasions and any mucus membranes. Salmonella has been found in large numbers on a 5 year old python shed.

Hahaha I had to look twice when I saw amazing amazon selling snake poo... It does make sense though :p

Indeed it makes sense...... The poor gullible fools that find security in a farce deserve to be fleeced of their hard earned dollars!

If anyone wants to buy some shedded skin after I peel from sunburn pm me lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back