That's not the head.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombok

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So my jungle carpet is on his first weaner mouse... And he's been trying for almost an hour but he keeps trying to eat it from the side! At first he got the side of it's head, and then let go for some reason. And I keep trying to get him to bite it's head but he just goes for it's shoulder or something... Any advice on how to get him to go for the head?

He'll work it out eventually, sometimes they're just a little bit special ;)

Hahah, okay.. Guess I'll just leave him, he's a bit basic.

He'll work it out eventually, if not you're going to have a nice mess to clean up haha :p

He actually did it, finally! Had to sort of lift up the mouse's head with the tweezers and he sort of slowly wrapped his jaws around it, thankfully...

ha! Sounds like Floyd (my cape york carpet). Floyd's a bit of a derp, he sometimes spends a good half an hour+ searching for the head. He will look RIGHT at it for a moment, and then evidently decide that it's not the head and continue his search, going so far as to even lift the rat and peer underneath it. He's a goofball sometimes, but it only makes me love him all the more.

x

My coastal did this last night!

Funny part was he grabbed it by the head first then let go, looked at me as if I'd given it to him wrong, and proceeded to roll around like a goose for about 10 minutes before deciding he was right the first time.

Glad I'm not the only one with a 'special' little guy hehe

Just shake your head and leave him be lol my alb Darwin male is a nightmare when I up his rat size. He is a gorgeous snake and I wouldn't trade him for anything but he is not smart haha.

Exactly what my jungle did! Only, whenever he lets go of his food, he always seems to think I'm it...

my almost 4yo jungle strikes the head, lets go and then "seduces" her rats by rubbing her head all over then for 10-20 mins . she started doing this at 2yo I've decided she must like them cold. or she's a cannibal and wants them to smell like snake?

It's rarer for her to strike and start swallowing straight away. when she does I'm overjoyed. last wed she struck and ate 2 X large rats straight away. so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back