World's first Snow Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the haters will love it when it grows.... It is a neonate & bound to look like nothing.... An adult Axanthic Albino (snow) will be impressive IMO

Would people only keep solid colour snakes? Black / yellow / green.......or does pattern make them look more appealing?......i dont mind the look off a few of the solids but patterns Imo keep the ball rolling

True to an extent and I definitely agree with you regarding the alibinos looking amazing with their yellows and oranges however there's nothing wrong with how olives look and they are patternless.

But having said that our hobby would be extremely dull if all different species didn't have different markings, they keep the ball rolling as you said :)

Joke right?

No, we have some high white carpets already but I haven't seen much that is solid white, I'm not a fan of the yellow/orange on white contrasting. The full yellow or full orange albinos are an entirely different story however.

Would people only keep solid colour snakes? Black / yellow / green.......or does pattern make them look more appealing?......i dont mind the look off a few of the solids but patterns Imo keep the ball rolling

I like some solid coloured animals just as much as I like patterned animals.

Albino Olives are awesome for the reason , that they are pattern less, a pattern less Morelia becomes, not a Morelia!

Albino Olives are awesome for the reason , that they are pattern less, a pattern less Morelia becomes, not a Morelia!

Morelia Viridis are patternless & I don't hear many people complaining about them :p

I still think it is a pwitty snakey :) Love those eyes...

This snake is not Australian but roger Lester has a pair of double hets I presume he will breed next season.

I'll get interested if it makes it to 12 months..until then, good luck.

Human nature, I guess? In the US people are crying out for Ozzie, local known stuff as every Tom and Dick has a candy coloured herp. If all Carpets were naturally solid in the wild, there'd be those wanting patterned. Personally, I prefer local specific, if possible.

I'm with Endeavour on this.

Heres the latest photo of the Snow carpet python morph produced by Olli @ Precision in Europe....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...80588490.95222.291119040903644&type=1&theater

As you can see not all the yellow is removed by the axanthic trait but eventually as a adult that yellow should fade to leave a nice white python..
The reason why there are some yellow pigments still present is explained below ..
[h=3]Axanthism[/h]This genetic mutation slightly more difficult to comprehend. Red and yellow pigmentation is not synthesized by xanthophores. There is no red or yellow pigmentation present in these animals at all. Axanthic animals typically appear as black and white, with intermediate shades of gray.
However, in some axanthic specimens, yellow pigments in the form of carotenoids may be retained in the xanthophores. Additionally, certain iridophores may reflect light in such a manner as to appear yellow. Ordinarily, the iridophores are located in the same areas as the melanophores and are masked by the presence of the black pigment. This condition may cause dark areas to appear brownish, rather than a pure black. It is certain that multiple alleles are at work here, each uniquely influencing the appearance of the specimens involved.
The Learning Center - Mutations

Cheers Roger..

Last edited:
so if it still has yellow in it would you call it Yellow Snow. Might turn the kids off, and doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :D
Beautiful python none the less.

It seem's to have gained a fair bit of colour and pattern on its head from the first pic, and that's only after 3 sheds.
Maybe the snow's in carpets are not what there all cracked up to be, i hope im wrong.

so if it still has yellow in it would you call it Yellow Snow. Might turn the kids off, and doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :D
Beautiful python none the less.
Yellow snow, it is always something you stay away from. Funny as though.

You guys are all thinking of a blizzard, snows still show some colour and patterning.

How you you get a blizzard? From breeding two snows together??

If it still has some colour and pattern how is it any different from a high white in terms of looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back