question about the heat mat chord going into the enclosure without cutting a big hole

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyePie

Reaction score
URGENT QUESTION: what is the best way to put a heat mat chord through an enclosure, part of the top is mesh and im planning on putting it through there, but would i have to cut the same size as the actual plug itself, and then what do i do about the giant hole in the top if i do that???? im so confused...
(wooden enclosure, and ive got a sheet of glass)

So u putting a piece of glass over the mat?.... Tile would be better... Easier to have an electrician cut plug off and drill small hole at back of enclosure and wire a new plug on

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have sliding glass you can just leave the cords coming out the door, looks kinda crap, but its a solution. (depending on the size of the animal in the enclosure, obviously not a good solution for an animal that can make it thru the gap)

Otherwise, as a better option, you can use heat cord, drill a hole in a hidden spot with a big drill and feed it through. Heat cords are also much safer than heat mats.

Why can't you just drill a small hole big enough to feed the heat cord through?

Why can't you just drill a small hole big enough to feed the heat cord through?

Cut out a square of wood from wooden part of tank.... big enough for whole plug to fit through. then with a peice of wood larger cut a small square out of bottem big enough for the cord.. fit the heat mat. then drill the larger peice of wood with screws over the square area u removed to fit plug through..

I would either use a light or chord and ditch the mat with the wooden enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back