Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there's such thing as albino womas yet? :)
id love to see a pic

Apparently........over the years there has been 3 separate albino womas removed from NT and WA.
2 females and 1 male.
I'm ready and waiting for any that become available - if anyone is ready to part with them:):):)

Apparently........over the years there has been 3 separate albino womas removed from NT and WA.
2 females and 1 male.
I'm ready and waiting for any that become available - if anyone is ready to part with them:):):)

Do you have any pics? I've never seen one.

I think the black womas are awesome and would love one of them when snake ranch makes them available :D

Nope.....I've never seen pic's, just repeating what "reputable" users/breeders on here have told me........

As for the melanistic womas from SR.........you won't see the first of these available for atleast 5 yrs.......and even then they will be in small numbers and released to those who are willing to pay handsomely for them.

2 females and 1 male.
I'm just really interested in what one might look like. I love albinos and natural colours in most animal

Nope.....I've never seen pic's, just repeating what "reputable" users/breeders on here have told me........

As for the melanistic womas from SR.........you won't see the first of these available for atleast 5 yrs.......and even then they will be in small numbers and released to those who are willing to pay handsomely for them.

If it's been mentioned on here it must be true then :(
I'm saving already just incase :)
The albino's an urban myth - though again i'd get in line for some.
So if they exists get them out there who ever has em for others to enjoy.

Come on Mick how about posting some pics of your stunning RHD woma's for us to enjoy :)

I'm just really interested in what one might look like. I love albinos and natural colours in most animal

Google the albino BHP though I suspect instead of the white head the albino woma would still have a nice orange/yellow head with white eye brows. It would be a cool animal for sure......

Last edited:
Google the albino BHP though I suspect instead of the white head the albino woma would still have a nice orange/yellow head with white eye brows. It would be a cool animal for sure......
I suspected it may look like one of them Just without the head. I know I do quite like the albino black heads(or should I say pink heads) how common are they these days?

common in Europe, but rumours of them hear. we have most of the O/S morphs here now so wouldnt suprise me if these weren't brought in on a tourist visor too..... Who really knows but on the Nuyten Reptiles site there is a pic of an albino and axathic BHP so snows wouldnt be to far off over there..... that would be a cool snake in any species.

common in Europe, but rumours of them hear .

im not sure how many there are in Europe, but there are very few pics of albino BHPs, the only pics ive seen are from Nuyten Reptiles.
the 2 albinos he bred are around 8 year old now so there should be a few more pics around then what there is. albino carpets have been bred overseas and they haven't been over there that long.

im not sure how many there are in Europe, but there are very few pics of albino BHPs, the only pics ive seen are from Nuyten Reptiles.
the 2 albinos he bred are around 8 year old now so there should be a few more pics around then what there is. albino carpets have been bred overseas and they haven't been over there that long.

If Nuyten Reptiles bred the 1st two in 2005 surely there should be a few bred by now. I was only speculating off this timeline.

How about a few pics of your famous pin stripes Tristis - some of the nicest around imo

I heard from a reliable source that one of the albino womas died in captivity - was in poor condition when seen by this person and didnt last much longer apparently. Also wasnt as breath taking as one would think apparently.

Anyway, moving on.....this is how im incubating all my woma eggs this year. Just buried in dry perlite. Seems to be working well so far, might give it a whirl with bhps too and maybe some carpet eggs next year.

- - - Updated - - -

First three pics are of a clutch laid this morning and last pic is of a clutch about 2 weeks from hatching.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 112
I heard from a reliable source that one of the albino womas died in captivity - was in poor condition when seen by this person and didnt last much longer apparently. Also wasnt as breath taking as one would think apparently.

Anyway, moving on.....this is how im incubating all my woma eggs this year. Just buried in dry perlite. Seems to be working well so far, might give it a whirl with bhps too and maybe some carpet eggs next year.

- - - Updated - - -

First three pics are of a clutch laid this morning and last pic is of a clutch about 2 weeks from hatching.

Just a quick question mate, how do you achieve air exchange? do you open the lid every so often? or does it have holes in it.

cheers

Looks good deebo. Your method looks similar to the one boondocker posted a while back. Looks like quite a simple and effective way to do things. Good luck with the results.

On a sort of side note, did you end up breeding the mother of my little one from the retained sperm clutch again? She seems to produce some very pretty babies. My little guy is doing very well and is growing so quickly it's not funny. I'm just about to upsize his food again as I had him out on Thursday and he told me he needed more food by chewing on my hand. :)

His colours seem to be getting better with every shed, and his temperament is still really lovely.

mitch - i open the tub every now and then, more so during the end of incubtion and more moisture tends to build up on the lid.

redfox - that is where i got the idea from - ive had more than I would like woma eggs die full term so thought id try something a bit different this year. The last pic of the eggs close to hatching are from the same animals as yours came from. She was mated this year.....still has a hard lump of a follicle inside her but it doesnt seem to bother her or affect egg development/laying etc. She has produced some nice animals and hoping for more this year. Amazing give the problems she had that she still produces eggs. Very tough little critter! ;) Would love to see a pic of he is coming along and getting chewed on by a woma is normal isnt it?

Such a mixed season this year.
The red boodarie didnt come through with the goods.
Win some / lose some - Joys of this hobby :(

Attachments

• 22 Oct 2013 001.jpg
    22 Oct 2013 001.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 22 Oct 2013 002.jpg
    22 Oct 2013 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 22 Oct 2013 003.jpg
    22 Oct 2013 003.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 109
Thats a shame brett, hopefully the three good ones go the distance. Not that its pleasant for you but nice to see people share their failures as well their successes, its not always sunshine and lollipops.

Thanks for sharing yommy. Sorry about the bad luck. I hope the three eggs produce some nice red boodaries like their mum. She really is a stunner.

I went to get my tanami out for some photos and he was showing the tell tale signs of going into slough mode. But this photo was taken just after his last slough and shows the caramel/ oranges I mentioned. This is my deebo male.

mu4ejy4a.jpg

For comparison this was 5 or so months ago.

9eqevyma.jpg

There is a bit of a size difference as well. :)

I managed to take some more dodgey pictures of my baby Ulurus today.

Boy
y6aty5e5.jpg

Girl
abaze2u8.jpg

You can't really tell from the photos but the boy has a really lovely pale lemony yellow base and the girl has a more yellowy, orange base. Can't wait to see what they will look like grown up.

I think the boy has the potential to look like my adult. Photos taken 3weeks ago.
y9u3e4yd.jpg

a8ytabu9.jpg

Thought I would post a quick picture.

Attachments

• cccncncnc.JPG
    cccncncnc.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back