how to disinfect large tree branch for snake enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not bother disinfecting the branch. I usually gerni my branches and then leave them to dry in the sun. Your snake will love all of the new smell that you are bringing into its enclosure.

yes as stated no real need to disinfect it unless you found it on the ground with insects crawling all around it , in which case id throw it away anyway

ive always just cut smooth barked branches fresh off the tree and have never had a problem with them

some people will tell you that ou need to soak them , put them in the oven etc , this really is unnecessary crap imo , especially the oven idea

thanks so much guys - really appreciate all your help ...... so i can cut branches off a live tree and use those? my husband says i can't cuz there is resin in the tree ...... is this really a worry???

thank you again so much

cheers

577436_2291191575896_1073188214_n.jpg

I had a disinfecting problem when I picked up this 30 kg stump for Scrubbies enclosure .Whacked that puppy on the BBQ for an hour and bingo all buggy things dead .

i just boil the kettle and pour the hot water over the log, leave it over night or an hour or so and its ready to be put in the enclosure! been doing this for 1/2 years and had no problem.

Is there certain trees that you can't use for branches in a snake enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back