Frilly and boyds housed together.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djbowker

Reaction score
Can it be done?
They're both the same size, none seem
aggressive.

A quick Google search said it can be done, but I wanted expert opinion.

Last edited:
Frillies and boyds are the same size? You're a troll, surely?

At the moment they're the same size....

I Understand later down the track the Frilly will be bigger.
Don't unleash the wrath of the inquisition on me.

If your viv was big enough to provide 2 different types of environment it may be possible

How practical it would be is another matter

If your viv was big enough to provide 2 different types of environment it may be possible

How practical it would be is another matter

Yeah, that what is what I thought.

The information I found said that frillies can be housed with bearded dragons, blueys and monitors, so it did raise some eyebrows.

I would think the boyds might stress. Can u find a happy medium in humidity. What region are the frillys from. And I would think a large adult male frilly might look at a boyds like I'd look at a piece of fried chicken.... Ill wait for a bit see if anyone else takes it if not its mine :)

They inhabit different environments in the wild, with frillies generally living in drier woodland so I would see that as being a bit of an issue in providing them with their needs, as well as the frilly eventually outgrowing the Boyd's. Mixing species with the same needs is considered difficult, let alone those from completely separate habitats

they require different housing conditions mate. It can't be done

And I would be interested to no if anyone has housed any of them lizards with monitors.i wouldn't

Awesome, thanks for the info guys.
Just shows how much better it asking for information form experts, then google.

Dragons of all species are prone to stress, my Boyd's seem to sulk and go off food if anything stresses them. Quite apart from the differing habitat requirements, stress factors alone would end the experiment.

Jamie

absolutely not. there husbandry is completely different.
care should not be compromised to make things more convenient for the keeper.

Come on, theres got to be someone who says their mate saw it in a zoo so it must be ok..anyone?

^
Ok I'll bite, well kinda. I went to Wildlife Sydney last weekend and saw mertens and frillnecks in the same enclosure. I did notice that the frillies were hanging out closer to the water feature than the mertens were at the time.

Hypothetically I think it could be done while the animals were immature, but it would get ugly when the testosterone began to flow. I wouldn't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back