Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't shower with my lace monitors, too little room for error!!! Don't want them smashing my hopper!!!

Does anyone think giving my woma a bath would help with this shed? I left her to my brother to look after her and when I came back she was dehydrated and in shedding mode. It's been a week since and she still hasn't shed, when she use ally does within a couple of days.

Does anyone think giving my woma a bath would help with this shed? I left her to my brother to look after her and when I came back she was dehydrated and in shedding mode. It's been a week since and she still hasn't shed, when she use ally does within a couple of days.
Leave her be for the moment and just observe, some pythons will go for three weeks after the they've gone milky/dull before finally removing it, as long as she's doing her normal thing, just give her a little more time :)

@Princessparrot. How long did you go away for? If it was only a week so so, I doubt there will be any problems. Womas have adapted to not having water around all the time. If she hasn't had any issues with shedding it the past, there shouldn't be any now.

As for the topic, each to their own. It's not something I would be interested in, but then none of mine are overly fond of water.

Wow a mixed bag of replies indeed! I vote against, just because I think it's a bit inappropriate. Call me old fashioned but nakedness with pets and stuff kinda weirds me out.

Why? They're naked.

lol I personally haven't showered with any of my critters, but haven't most people with pets at least gotten changed at some point with their pet in the room? I've got a parrot that lives in my bedroom, so it's kind of a given for me.

Why? They're naked.

lol I personally haven't showered with any of my critters, but haven't most people with pets at least gotten changed at some point with their pet in the room? I've got a parrot that lives in my bedroom, so it's kind of a given for me.

I don't think being naked in front of your pet is quite the same as interacting with it nude.

Give me one good reason to be naked while interacting with a pet and I will reconsider and possibly even retract my previous comments.

I don't think being naked in front of your pet is quite the same as interacting with it nude.

Give me one good reason to be naked while interacting with a pet and I will reconsider and possibly even retract my previous comments.

I haven't got any "good" reasons to interact with them nude, which is why I never have. But at the same time I can't see any reason against it, I don't imagine an animal that doesn't even know what clothes are will be scarred for life from the interaction. Either which way, I wasn't expecting you to change your stance on the subject, I was just curious why you felt that way.

I haven't got any "good" reasons to interact with them nude, which is why I never have. But at the same time I can't see any reason against it, I don't imagine an animal that doesn't even know what clothes are will be scarred for life from the interaction. Either which way, I wasn't expecting you to change your stance on the subject, I was just curious why you felt that way.

That's fair enough :) sorry, I was actually curious to hear a good reason for being naked with pets. I didn't mean to come across the way I did.

I guess I'm a prude? Lol I don't know. I guess my beliefs stem from some sort of propriety I picked up from goodness knows where. It just strikes me as rather unhygienic and unnecessary.

That's fair enough :) sorry, I was actually curious to hear a good reason for being naked with pets. I didn't mean to come across the way I did.

I guess I'm a prude? Lol I don't know. I guess my beliefs stem from some sort of propriety I picked up from goodness knows where. It just strikes me as rather unhygienic and unnecessary.

haha it's cool, I didn't like to assume you were coming off snappy or anything, it's hard to read people online sometimes. So I decided to respond in a neutral way, which looking back could also have come off as snappy. Darn it the world of text is a confusing place!

Hmm.. One little thing does come to mind, but it doesn't apply to reptiles. I know someone that used to breed Eclectus parrots, and being the incredibly social animals that they are, the best way she found to get them bathing was to bring them into her own morning shower. Eckie see, Eckie do, I suppose. Even owning a Quaker parrot, I can tell you that generally speaking lol parrots want what you've got (or want to do what you're doing). I usually serve Shiloh a little of whatever I'm eating, as long as it's safe for her, in her own little bowl. However, she tends to turn her nose up at what I give her and instead comes strutting over to steal the EXACT same food from my bowl. So if you're having a shower, and a bird sees you as part of it's flock, it's a good bet that it will want to join in. I guess you COULD shower fully clothed with the parrot, and then re-shower after they're done.. But that would be a waste of water and just a little on the inconvenient side lol

**Anyway.. this has gotten a little off topic. I personally would prefer to put one of my snakes in a tub/pool of water and watch them swim around, over taking them with me into the shower. I love how they move through the water, and especially Sierra (water python) seems to really enjoy it. But as has been said to death, if no chemicals are used and the snake is calm, taking it to the shower should be harmless enough. I do agree that they're best left alone while in shed though.

x

Last edited by a moderator:
We often get to watch retics swimming
For a big snake they are incredibly graceful and completely at home in water
Sunbeam snakes and kraits are like eels
Vipers and most other arboreals swim well but just to cross water
Except for Boiga dendrophila
Rare to find them away from water
Nearly always coiled up over hanging a stream
Soon as they are threatened they dive straight in and vanish

What the hell is happening to this hobby..?

24943_1111972536157_2588292_n.jpg25633_1115149215572_8208112_n.jpg

Don't know what the problem is .This is what I had to put up with when the Olive was in the house .Try taking a shower with her wanting to get in there with you and yes she did used to sneak into the bed sometimes at night and sleep between me and the ex .

Last edited:
View attachment 298941View attachment 298942

Don't know what the problem is .This is what I had to put up with when the Olive was in the house .Try taking a shower with her wanting to get in there with you and yes she did used to sneak into the bed sometimes at night and sleep between me and the ex .

My old housemate in Newcastle had a python that would curl up and around the shower rail and it was a pain whenever I wanted a shower and she wasn't home. It was a case of challenge huge cranky Monty or go without lol.

Just had my shinglebacks wandering around in the bathroom while I had a shower and the male just walked in! He just sat under the water for abit(the girl had just peed on his head) he seemed to enjoy it, then I put him back out while I finished up :)

Might do the same with moccona next time cos I quite often just let her slither around the bathroom(with me in there of course)

Last edited:
View attachment 298941View attachment 298942

Bet your Ex thought you had some awesome dreams at times :lol:

Pretty sure if you read a care sheet for snakes coming up to shed it will tell you to leave them be.
Why put it in a situation where it could potentially freak out your snake when it is not necessary?
It depends on the snake. Some are chilled out throughout all stages of shedding. Mine is as docile as anything in any situation. Anyway, each to their own, if it works for them then that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back