Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck, I think this was a good learning curve to not panic so much - nature has a way of working things out and it's really a very slim chance of a female getting egg bound.

The stress just kicks in when things don't go to plan, or when odd things happen like this - laying slugs early etc etc. :lol:

Trying to stay calm. She dropped four slugs and i can only feel two more eggs in her so looks like a tiny clutch for me two!

but that's better then nothing isn't it :) there so many people experiencing weird seasons this year, from females dropping slugs early, to females only laying slugs. interesting to see if any new morphs come out of those small clutches or not

- - - Updated - - -

vixen your female is sooo pretty :) so happy she laid some fertile eggs for you and she's ok

day 31. Been a whole week since she dropped her slugs. Im worried!

call the vet and ask if they could ultrasound her if you are worried. otherwise did you put a new next box in for her or the old one?
i cleaned out her laybox last night with f10. i figured maybe there was a left off sent of her eggs.
ive been told to leave her alone so ill try that for a few days. ( even though iv basically been doing that)

Both my macs had their pre lays on the 20th so now comes the waiting only 22 days to go give or take

Discovered this about 30 mins ago! Wasn't expecting her to lay yet so was a nice surprise, she did shed 3 weeks ago but didn't think it was the prelay as she wasn't showing anything.

( Patternless childreni - 7 good eggs )

hgda.jpg

5aqa.jpg

This one is the first BHP to emerge fully this season

I'm sorry I don't know about green tree snakes, but I have seen on snake bytes tv that they put the eggs in a container and on top of the enclosures. maybe have a look on youtube and see what you can find. sorry about before I'm cranky and tired.

Last edited:
Here's some help getting back on track!

Day 55 at 31.5 C over water incubation (same timing as last year). The first to pip pulled its head back before I could get a photo at 6:30am.

I pipped all eggs and moved them to another container to hatch.

At 10pm when I returned home, the first hatchling was out and another was peeking. The next 2 days will be busy!

Good stuff Susan, looks like an orange glow stick!!! :)

Very nice pythonmum looks like it will have a nice classic banded pattern. Look forward to seeing the others. :)

The hatching continues...more orange glow sticks :)
By 6:30 this morning I had one nearly out and one looking around.
By 10pm those two were out and more were pipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back