Need advise for clutch of Coastals in enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skp05

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
As it's been winter I have not been feeding my female Coastal for a few weeks now and haven't noticed the surprise I found in her hide yesterday.
I noticed that she was extremely thin whilst basking which rose suspicion and prompted me to look inside the hide. To my surprise there was a clutch of eggs in the hide.
Not sure how or why as I separated the male from her nearly 4 months ago.

Now, not knowing how long they have been there I am unsure as to whether I take them out and incubate them or leave them in there as she seems to be looking after them quite well.

Can somebody please give me some professional advise or any experienced advise as to I should do?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

If she's looking after them well and the eggs look good, then I would leave her to finish the job. Just keep the humidity up and give her access to fresh water and maintain adequate temps.

Thanks Bushman,
What do I do when the hatch.....if I'm that lucky and she does a good job. Obviously, maybe, pull them out and ste them up in a clutch rack?
Is it possible they are dummy eggs?

first of all congrats second i would leave her like bushman said
if the eggs look good and there's enough humidity you might aswell let her do the work
and get the enjoyment of watching her hatch her babys

Thanks for the feedback.
Just playing the waiting game now.
Cheers.

Thanks Bushman,
What do I do when the hatch.....if I'm that lucky and she does a good job. Obviously, maybe, pull them out and ste them up in a clutch rack?
Is it possible they are dummy eggs?

If they look like nice round white eggs, then they are most likely fertile. Odd shaped, yellow eggs (slugs) will be no good.

Don't pull out any hatching babies, even the few that are slow to emerge. Once they have all left the eggs, then you can set them up in their own individual tubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back