The truth about the everglades?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
found this on a "educational" youtube channel (or at least he calls it)
I am not trying to make fun of this guy but this theory just seems a bit nuts to me.
correct me if he is speaking the truth.
[video=youtube;7VSJUENBVW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSJUENBVW4&list=PLMhnMxTNQXEljocAwBL8HALx oRJFmuf_y&index=3[/video]

This guys voice, combined with your avatar, makes feel very uncomfortable.

truth is that yes people over there with half a brain and un biased opinions do believe the pythons in the everglades are a result off a hurricane as he said and not so much released pets

but ........ bhahahahaha

Berms should be taken from the everglades and euthanized or put into captivity but they do not belong there . same goes for the feral cats or any feral animal . I agree with her that humans cause a bigger or equal impact as invasive species sometimes . But thats my relativity uninformed opinion and it could be wrong .

One of the theory's that they were from a reptile facility that was destroyed durning a hurricane makes sense to me.
Nearly all the pets that are handed in over there are not normal forms that seem to be everywhere in the wild. But rather albinos etc. If they are indeed released pets it seems strange that more albinos and different colour morphs aren't tuning up.
I didn't watch the video....

One of the theory's that they were from a reptile facility that was destroyed durning a hurricane makes sense to me.
Nearly all the pets that are handed in over there are not normal forms that seem to be everywhere in the wild. But rather albinos etc. If they are indeed released pets it seems strange that more albinos and different colour morphs aren't tuning up.
I didn't watch the video....

first wild burmese found was dead in the 1970s
several more betwen then and 1990
hurricane andrew demolished an importers building in 1992?
large number of burmese were in stock at that time 2000++???
by 2000 a lot more turned up
2009? child was killed by a pet albino burmese
politicians used this as a catch cry to ban the big 5 snakes
estimates of wild burmese are probably very exagerated
1000 hunters caught only 53? after more than 1month intensive hunting

it is definite that they have caused ecological damage
it is also definite that they are being used as an excuse for anything that goes wrong in the everglades
cats dogs people pigs giant rats nile monitors etc etc plus pollution etc are causing a lot more damage
but SNAKE makes headlines

I don't know about anyone else but Boaman was giving me an irrepressable urge to pound the yeahs out of him/her, and never in my life have i ever wanted someone to get bit so bad everytime he/she went to kiss one of those snakes, Good bye utube Yeah. :( .............................Ron

She sounds like this 'Lady'...

uLtgObNl.jpg

first wild burmese found was dead in the 1970s
several more betwen then and 1990
hurricane andrew demolished an importers building in 1992?
large number of burmese were in stock at that time 2000++???
by 2000 a lot more turned up
2009? child was killed by a pet albino Burmese
politicians used this as a catch cry to ban the big 5 snakes
estimates of wild burmese are probably very exagerated
1000 hunters caught only 53? after more than 1month intensive hunting

it is definite that they have caused ecological damage
it is also definite that they are being used as an excuse for anything that goes wrong in the everglades
cats dogs people pigs giant rats nile monitors etc etc plus pollution etc are causing a lot more damage
but SNAKE makes headlines

Hit the nail on the head. The numbers are completely over exaggerated and it has been shown that the larger animals cant handle the cold and die over winter. The politicians purely used this media beat up to ban the big 5 snakes.

Last edited:
Hit the nail on the head. The numbers are completely over exaggerated and it has been shown that the larger animals cant handle the cold and die over winter. The politicians purely used this media beat up to ban the big 5 snakes.

While there no doubt their numbers and damaged caused have been exaggerated
there is also no doubt they can breed in the wild there
Being a noxious exotic pest they should be removed on sight

While there no doubt their numbers and damaged caused have been exaggerated
there is also no doubt they can breed in the wild there
Being a noxious exotic pest they should be removed on sight

They defiantly should be removed, no question about it. The media is painting a picture that these 20ft burms are breeding in the thousands, which isn't the case. The larger burms aren't able to keep their body temps high enough and die over winter. The smaller burms are no where near as bad as the feral cat problem but they wont get banded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back