Lighting/heating for Chondros

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What kind of lighting and heating does everyone use for their chondros? And does spraying them have any nasty effects for certain brands or products that are used? I'm just curious.
All helpful answers would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi. Imo you cant go past pro herp heat panels. Email them with cage size and type and they will set you straight. Im lucky if I spray mine once a week since getting these. Humidity stays at a comfy level. As for lighting, use a led strip light, cheap on electricity.

I made some heat panels and for lighting I'm using normal fluorescent bulbs (as I'm growing plants in the enclosures).

I make my own heat panels using heat cords (wattage according to enclosure size) woven into 25mm weldmesh, with a light timber frame and covered with shadecloth. Fix to top of enclosure with a cut-to-size piece of the foil/foam insulation used for laying timber flooring onto concrete (foil side down to reflect heat). They are absolutely waterproof as long as the cord has not been damaged, and I made my first ones in 2005 and they're still going strong. Much cheaper and just as good as the commercial ones, plus you can choose the colour of the shadecloth - I use black or dark green.

Jamie

Thanks guys, is light from a heat source and UV essential for Chondros?
uv isnt necessary for any of our pythons , some say diamonds to help prevent DPS but i think thats still a theory
i dont keep greens yet but from what ive read they should do fine with the light from the room their kept in like most pythons but it is up to you really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back