Where do you feed your pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitchen table, some of them don't quite grasp the soup spoon thing. When younger high chairs.

At the dinning room table.........just sick of holding their knifes and fork's !

Kitchen table, some of them don't quite grasp the soup spoon thing. When younger high chairs.

Bypass the spoon and go straight for the bowl ;)

a7a6uma8.jpg

Seriously? No one said it? i don't know how you people survive without me.

i feed mine in their mouths.

Ar Har Har.
*crickets*

Feeding Pythons

Our Bredli python (just under 2 years old) gets fed in a variety of places, his enclosure, on the floor outside his enclosure and occasionally on the grass in the back yard. He seems pretty happy to eat anywhere, which is great and gives my 10 year old daughter the experience of a variety of feeding situations. He does better in a situation where he can get purchase on things to move his 'prey' around, or himself around the 'prey', so the polished floor is the less preferred location.

Nick

I have to open the door stand back and throw the food at them, so they get fed half in and half out of their enclosures.....

Well my big girl does that, as soon as she sees the door crack open she lunges at it hoping to catch me off guard. Funny she only does this at feeding time. Any other time I open the enclosure she ignores me until I try to extract her from her shelf.

My little guy has to be enticed out of his hide then once he sees what's on offer he rushes it in case it gets away. Stupid boy then plays with his food for half an hour. If I fed them together the girl would finish her dinner and then come over and take his off him I guess. Both are Diamonds.

My stimmy is happy once she gets hold of her food ignores everything else, I could pick her up and move her about and she won't care. Sometimes I have left her on the floor and proceeded to clean out her enclosure whilst she finishes dinner, but not often.

feeding time

This is my first Python so still learning things. I take my little girl out and put her in seperate tub, feed her there. She doesnt snap at me even during or after she has finished feeding. After finished, i wait about 15 mins or so then put her in her enclosure, happy as. I have been told doing this may stop being cage defensive also.

Just my thoughts

Im starting to feed in their enclosures now they are getting big, when they were small not an issue, but at 5 foot and above the enclosure will do

Generally in the enclosures and tubs... Now and then we all go to a restaurant.

I mostly feed mine hanging off chairs, some are too stupid to find the head if theyre not hanging. :)

Enclosures for me, spotted is fine and so is my albino Darwin but my 5ft+ jungle knows when it's feeding time and he has a very strong feeding response and gets a bit out of control so trying to get him out to feed in a tub is impossible, I put his rat on a 2ft piece of plywood open the glass doors and let him go nuts

I have to open the door stand back and throw the food at them, so they get fed half in and half out of their enclosures.....

Well my big girl does that, as soon as she sees the door crack open she lunges at it hoping to catch me off guard. Funny she only does this at feeding time. Any other time I open the enclosure she ignores me until I try to extract her from her shelf.

I know exactly what you mean, my coastal is the same when he spots his bunny.. :rolleyes:
He is all lazy and sleepy, but come feed time opening his enclosure is sort of an "mm will he eat glass tonight or be patient and wait for the food?" kind of affair..

Oh wow that sounds fun ^^^

I think I need to get one just for the excitement! It'll be like playing catch :D

This is my first Python so still learning things. I take my little girl out and put her in seperate tub, feed her there. She doesnt snap at me even during or after she has finished feeding. After finished, i wait about 15 mins or so then put her in her enclosure, happy as. I have been told doing this may stop being cage defensive also.

Just my thoughts
try that with a 2,5 m bredli and c how ya go lol

Lily, our bredli, can be a little snappy, so she gets fed in her enclosure. Frodo, our MD, sometimes eats in his enclosure, sometimes on the table if he's out and about on feeding day. He is so placid that he ate once while his tail was wrapped around my arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back