Legless lizard... Or snake?? Do you know what this is???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranga

Reaction score
So I just got sent this photo from what I believe is an idiot mate... The caption was "check out what I just found"...

I have no clue what it is but to me that looks poisonous... Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 234
Gladstone region...

lol trust me this guy is the kind of bloke who would touch a hot plate 6 times before he learned a lesson. I was more just curious if I'm right lol

Vermicella annulata. Bandy bandy. They are an elapid but they are harmless.
Cheers Cameron

I doubt eating it would poison you, but if you were darned unlucky it may envenomate you

do you know him personally? I'd be warning him about it being illegal to catch and keep. its a bandy bandy snake and what a shame to put such an amazing specimen that's a wild animal in a container.

do you know him personally? I'd be warning him about it being illegal to catch and keep. its a bandy bandy snake and what a shame to put such an amazing specimen that's a wild animal in a container.

I'd actually give the guy a break, tell him what it was, and suggest he lets it go because they are very difficult to keep. I'd also thank him for going to the trouble to catch it unharmed and take a photo so he could find out what it was, and just let him know that reptiles are protected in Oz (even though thousands of these things are crushed by cars & bulldozers every week on the east coast).

You don't know if he intended to keep it, so why get so bossy about it?

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back