South Australia Stimson's Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
So I've decided to get an Stimson's Python from a breeder, but want to know what all you guys think of the South Australian Locales?

Also can u guys tell me some of the things I should be asking the breeder about his snakes? and things I need to know before I get her? Any help will be great.

Last edited:
The SA locals are very good to keep, they look the same type as NSW and types from inland QLD like windorahs,
The types are very similar to childreni in morphology ,size ,colour also in many instances ,nothing like stimsons from the macdonald ranges and surrounds which are similar to WAs in many respects.
There is a thread here somewhere with a pic of a wild type from Witchelina station SA and that is typical of the SE types. Down the track there is no doubt that the types will be reclassified even if its just an inclusion into childreni.

Makes you wonder if any more subspecies of antaresia will be discovered.

I would ask the breeder if they have a full history of the snake eg date of feeds, sheds etc.. Ask how the snake's feeding pattern is, but always check out the snake yourself and have a good look, gut instincts can always tell ya. All the best with it if you go for it, love stimsons.

Thanks heaps guys, can everyone tell me what the price range is for a hatchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back