Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
update on my big girls eggs I have had 3 go bad and 1 looks like it may be also (2 weeks through). the clutch with only 11 eggs 1 of the eggs has collapsed quite a lot and I am unsure if its ok still or not, will leave it till it starts turning bad then remove it. (they are half way through)

Leave your collapsed egg until you are sure it is dead (mouldy). One of my badly collapsed eggs has a hatchling now looking around, with emergence expected tomorrow. One of my apparently perfect eggs has a youngster that looked fully formed but died around pipping time - very puzzling, as it was in perfect position and everything.
Here are the latest emergence shots and one of the compulsory weigh-in.

Black and gold first clutch

Laid while I was overseas. Small clutch all survived, one slug

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 97
Update on my collapsed egg - finally emerged (last one) around midday today. It is only 22g and has a big yolk bulge in the belly, but crawling and climbing around the click clack well. I'm glad I didn't give up on the little tyke! My lucky 13 (or baker's dozen) hatchlings which finished hatching on Halloween.:) The average mass is 25.8g. Now to get them shedding and feeding....

I just harvested 7 healthy bhp eggs weighing 140gr each and 3 slugs. Not a bad way to start November. I have my pilb stimmies on eggs and keelbacks mating away. I love this time of year.

Perfect clutch of 16 Jungle eggs today! This female has always been fantastic, I don't think she's ever layed a slug or infertile egg before. Fingers crossed for some more stunning bubs this year.

Proud parents also pictured :p

bmyu.jpg

srwm.jpg

Great stuff Vixen. Lovely clutch from stunning parents.

WOO HOO

Started the day sorting out hatchling/nymph Phasmids ( 100's of the tiny things )

looked in the lounge room and thought it looked strange in the corner of the enclosure --- two little baby stimsons with another 10 to come

What a great day

surprise surprise i woke up to eggs this morning, Id given up hope since the pre lay shed was around 6 weeks ago. :) (this is my first time, so its been an awesome experience!!)

Pythonmum very kindly came over and helped me get Lily off her first clutch and set up the eggs using the over water method, this is Pythonmums girls first grand clutch! :p

Lilys post laying weight is just over 1kg, she started off at between 1.6 and 1.7kgs. egg mass was 399g.

Thanks again Susan for all your help, im so impressed with my girl!!!! :)

Attachments

• Lily.jpg
    Lily.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Lilys eggs.jpg
    Lilys eggs.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 136
I've got 12 WA woma eggs cooking this year! first womas I've cracked!

Thanks for letting me come over, Chris. So stoked to see Lily's clutch and now to follow grandsnakes! She is a little girl, but those good eggs are nice and big.

Congrats on the WA eggs, Mitchtabb. I still haven't cracked my Boodaries.

Antaresia perthensis

.image.jpg

Nice big clutch from this female.

Last edited:
update on my female,
her two lumps i felt in her lower body have disappeared. Seems like her laying the four slugs was it for the season.
fingers crossed for my second female due in 25 days :D

Jealous how early the other carpets lay. M.s imbricata don't lay till December even January. Got three gravid girls though :)

Some beardie hatchies, Normal scale to left, leatherback to right,

yjezubyj.jpg

"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back