Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are better it's been 6 months but every two weeks she will txt me and she even turned up at my house. So I told her boyfriend what she is trying to do

Good on you! I think the saying goes: b*s be crazy :p

Please be troll

nope i had mice in my roof, tried live catch traps & regular traps to no avail, poison was last option and i tried a glue trap, no joy with glue trap either, but i left it in the laundry and had not gotten around to disposing of it, and then my SWCP got out, and got stuck, so much frustrations and self loathing, but not being one to panic, she was safely removed and cleaned up, and as far as i could tell\see only 1 scale came off. tho its definitely not something you want to do again.

nope i had mice in my roof, tried live catch traps & regular traps to no avail, poison was last option and i tried a glue trap, no joy with glue trap either, but i left it in the laundry and had not gotten around to disposing of it, and then my SWCP got out, and got stuck, so much frustrations and self loathing, but not being one to panic, she was safely removed and cleaned up, and as far as i could tell\see only 1 scale came off. tho its definitely not something you want to do again.

Best possible outcome. Nearly had a heart attack when I started reading! So glad your snake is ok.

thanks that makes 2 of us, and if any one is stuck in a similar situation i did the following to free\clean.

warm water to loosen the glue and gently remove the glue pack (instructions on the pack recommended it and i think Metho), not having nor wanting to use something like metho, i got vegetable oil, put the girl in a tub, and added the oil, let soak for a few min, then get a cloth or towel or clean rag, and use it to gently wipe the oil + glue off, the oil breaks down the glue and creates a barrier the glue cant stick too, so the glue sticks to the cloth and comes off from the subject, depending on how bad\how much glue you may need to repeat the process, till the glue is gone.

now you have an oily and damn slippery snake, so you wipe as much oil off as you can, then a soapy bath, then a rinse in clean water to get the soap off, then dry. and inspect for any missed\left glue etc etc.

and tho my girl has never been aggressive she hates baths\water, so i had to deal with her not sitting still for 1 sec, and hissing at me with every breath, but shes definitely all bark.

tuva2ure.jpg
ahhh fresh skin
Oh how much this lil jungle impresses me for my 1st jungle I think I might need to get it a buddy as all my coastals n intergrades are happy so I'll have to look into getting another nice jungle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks that makes 2 of us, and if any one is stuck in a similar situation i did the following to free\clean.

I think you should make that into a thread so it's easier to find. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen to anyone else though! Good info to know though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back