DIY fridge incubators help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellenwalter

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a diamond and a jungle I'm hoping to breed in a few years time, I was thinking about incubators today and the process of making one out of an old fridge but I really have no idea about the process. I looked at other threads and just found them confusing. Can someone break it down for me please? And go through everything i need.
Thanks.

1 heat cord 1 thermo and 2 thermo sensors is all that's needed good quality stuff

run heat cord all round the fridge utilizing the provided fridge shelfs and then test for a few weeks to make sure its stable on temps

If you have a good fridge and still want an incubator drill a hole threw the side of the fridge and get an electrician to cut and wire your thermo inside so if I want a fridge one day plug the fridge plug in and bam it still works as a fridge.. (A mate has done this and it works great)

Hey guys, I have a diamond and a jungle I'm hoping to breed in a few years time, I was thinking about incubators today and the process of making one out of an old fridge but I really have no idea about the process. I looked at other threads and just found them confusing. Can someone break it down for me please? And go through everything i need.
Thanks.
Did u say u going to breed your Diamond with your Jungle???..... Just asking ;)

Yes. I understand many people are against impure breeding and I respect that. But they both have highly advanced colour and pattern for their age and believe they have the potential to produce some stunning offspring.

You don't even have to drill a hole in the fridge, just shut the cables for the thermostat and temperature sensors in the door. This has been working for me for the past four years with no problem. I also incubate over water, which keeps a very stable temp in the incubation container because of the thermal mass of the water.

Yes. I understand many people are against impure breeding and I respect that. But they both have highly advanced colour and pattern for their age and believe they have the potential to produce some stunning offspring.
didnt think it was legal in QLD

here we go again...........geeeeez , cant you all just lay off the argument about cross breeding and just answer the question about his incubator....... otherwise we are going to have 15 pages of negative bagging , like always.....and probably no talk of how to turn a fridge into an incubator

and please .if you are going to cross breed......dont tell anyone till you have done it !

here we go again...........geeeeez , cant you all just lay off the argument about cross breeding and just answer the question about his incubator....... otherwise we are going to have 15 pages of negative bagging , like always.....and probably no talk of how to turn a fridge into an incubator

and please .if you are going to cross breed......dont tell anyone till you have done it !
Her* I'm a girl.

Geez another post without information on how to make an incubator!!!!

Go to victorian Reptiles facebook page, there is a "how to" article on fridge incubators and the best part is........ it has pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back