Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice RSP Amelia, is she that dark colour in the flesh?

My female is the pair that vixen was selling with that male Amelia. My pair I bought 3 years ago turned out to be 2 males, story of my life. :)

Nice RSP Amelia, is she that dark colour in the flesh?

She's very dark, nice contrast on her, the picture has a weird blue tinge to it though.

My female is the pair that vixen was selling with that male Amelia. My pair I bought 3 years ago turned out to be 2 males, story of my life. :)

Small world huh? Did you end up keeping both your males?

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I have never been at all interested in Roughies. I have friends who love them and think they look awesome. They really are a niche thing. I really do however love their story and their rarity in the wild.

I was thinking of adding one of these guys to my wish list but when I read they probably have the largest teeth of any snake, it kind of put me off abit

My girl cooking her eggs at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 95
I was thinking of adding one of these guys to my wish list but when I read they probably have the largest teeth of any snake, it kind of put me off abit

Yeah, in comparison to their body. These guys aren't going to tear your limbs off and rip out your artery's, I certainly wouldn't let their teeth put you off, they are nowhere near the largest teeth of ANY snake.

Yeah, in comparison to their body. These guys aren't going to tear your limbs off and rip out your artery's, I certainly wouldn't let their teeth put you off, they are nowhere near the largest teeth of ANY snake.
Ok, thank god.

i thought it seemed abit odd, when is first read it I was like "their teeth don't look overly big." "anacondas and retics must have really tiny teeth..." How can they grip some of the things they do?":rolleyes:

Ahhh im so stupid

Last edited:
thats the silliest comment ive ever seen...

If you had two brain cells to rub together you may actually realise that what I posted was a question and not a comment. What is even more silly is making a comment without a supporting explanation of ones reasoning.

My new yearling love him to bits!
y6yzy5a4.jpg

Are roughies more terrestrial or arboreal? I'm just having abit of trouble finding that kind of info. Is length or height more important with housing

Are roughies more terrestrial or arboreal? I'm just having abit of trouble finding that kind of info. Is length or height more important with housing

They're arboreal. Only 1 of my 4 roughies use their hides, the rest stay on their sticks almost all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back