Rat prices.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of reasons.

I had 800 breeding rats, so a had a pretty large rat setup in a small space. I ended up getting pretty bad ammonia poisoning, now my lungs play up when I'm in a rat room.

The other reason, is I had spinal surgery and now every day tasks are a real struggle.

Thats why I stopped breeding rats.

Not good to hear mate....
I hope you have pulled up as good as is expected.

Not good to hear mate....
I hope you have pulled up as good as is expected.

I've been hoping the same thing for over 2 years now. I've past the maximum recovery time for my kind of surgery (2 years), but am still in severe pain and limited in movement. I've been told, I'll more then likely be like this for the rest of my life, so I need to adjust my life around my back.

I only buy adult mice. Im from wa and in pet shops adult mice are about 12-14 for 5 mice. I buy mine from a lab and pay 28 for 50 so normally just buy 100 at a time. Mungus those prices are crazy. If i had to spend that much i would be able to live myself. In my household we have 2 stimmies, a sw carpet, a rat and a dog, and my brewing obsession doesnt help either :)

I breed my own and sell enough to pay for the rat food = free snake food . Now if I can get the little buggas to run on little treadmills generating free power .

I just bought rats today $7.20 each, would be so much cheaper if I was allowed to use our baby rabbits which we give away
Why don't you give the rabbits away to someone and then "buy" some already dead rabbits from another person that surprisingly look very similar to the ones that you gave away.

I work at my local aquarium and reptile shop and I get everything at cost price.

My monthly is $120ish at wholesale price.

I usually spend heaps on rats... Just picked up heaps for $1 per rat. Sooo super stoked!!!

$25 for 6 weeks at the moment. I'll probably bulk buy from a breeder when my Bredli gets bigger.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

That's feeding 33 snakes of all sizes. It's the larger rats that costs the big bucks.

I've got a upright freezer for my rats. The chest freezers annoyed me, because I had to dig through a great deal of rats to find the ones I wanted.

I'm still trying to adjust to the shock of paying for rodents, since I use to breed them for a while.
I went with an upright for my frozen stuff too. I pay about $200-300 for 1-2 months worth of rats for 40 snakes, but the cost is for my business to feed the animals, so I can get it back on tax as a business expense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back