I'm the King of my Castle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the comments.

3 of my large snakes have got castle hide boxes. The other two are grey castles and home to water pythons, they absolutely love them. They sleep in them at night and come out to bask on the top when the heating is on. If only I could find a way to knock them out quickly, I'd put some up for sale. They take quite a bit of work though.

A couple of pics of the others, plus an entire 4 bay enclosure based on a similar castle like theme.

DSC02708.jpgDSC02831.jpgDSC02667.jpg

That enclosure bay is so minecraft!!! It would go perfectly with my gamer/Lego theme idea. Was it hard to do?

That enclosure bay is so minecraft!!! It would go perfectly with my gamer/Lego theme idea. Was it hard to do?

Not hard, just time consuming. It's built out of MDF. The brickwork and cracks are then routed and it's painted with Wattyl Stone Finish.

Not hard, just time consuming. It's built out of MDF. The brickwork and cracks are then routed and it's painted with Wattyl Stone Finish.

I was afraid you'd say routed... I was hoping for "timber glued to enclosure to make bricks" lol.

You've done really well :D

I was afraid you'd say routed... I was hoping for "timber glued to enclosure to make bricks" lol.....

Oh, I've done that too....>

DSC02842.jpgDSC02726.jpgDSC02727.jpg

Believe me, sticking them on makes for a VERY heavy enclosure. Best be practicing routing.

Oh, I've done that too....>

Believe me, sticking them on makes for a VERY heavy enclosure. Best be practicing routing.

They look awesome!

I shouldn't whinge too much, I have access to a nesting machine :p

View attachment 300584Loving the castles mate, they look awesome. Thought i'd share my first reptile build project, a nice little ancient greek temple for my white (well soon to be, hopefully) Bearded Dragon, Barry. it's not finished yet, but i'm pretty happy with it so far. I think he likes it too!

That attachment is not showing for me. Link comes up with an invalid message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back