Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlovers

Reaction score
hey everyone,
I was just wondering will heat cord burn through a plastic tub? cause i wanna upgrade my click clack for my bredli to a bigger one.
or will i have to put a tile over it or what should i do or will the heat cord be fine under the tub?

cheers.

hwo to do keep the heat cord in the position you want it? tape it to the bottom? i have try this before and the heat from the cord just made the tape not stick after a while and it lefted this black sticky substance all over the cord. ( which took a long time to get off haha )

image.jpg

There are as many ways to do it as you can think of really.

One is to put grooves in wood and put the cord in the grooves.

You could get a piece of wood and tape it down with silver insulation tape (available from Bunnings)

You could put some nails in a bit of wood and run the cord zig zag around the nails and put the tub ontop etc etc etc.

never thought of the nail idea.. and i have tried to find silver insulation tape but the people at the bunnings near me are idiot and had no idea what i was talking about so i tried master and they didnt know what i was talking about either..
cheers for the new techniques.

never thought of the nail idea.. and i have tried to find silver insulation tape but the people at the bunnings near me are idiot and had no idea what i was talking about so i tried master and they didnt know what i was talking about either..
cheers for the new techniques.

If you do the nails keep it faily loose so that when it expands and contracts it doesnt pull too tight. You can even wrap it around a tile if that is easier.
The insulation tape is near the air vents and wirlytwirly things that go on roofs.

I had the same problem at bunnings. Go to the plumbing section and they have a small circular roll for about 13 dollars of shiny aluminium tape. Works a treat :)

If you do the nails keep it faily loose so that when it expands and contracts it doesnt pull too tight. You can even wrap it around a tile if that is easier.
The insulation tape is near the air vents and wirlytwirly things that go on roofs.

Lol at wirlytwirly!

The insulation tape does work a treat though.

if you go to dolllar king you get little plastic clips that you nail in to wood to keep like phone cords against walls for $2

I don't like heat cord don't trust it even with a thermostat
They are a lot safer than heat mats and you can regulate the gradient better due to the way they work. I have never had a heat cord fail in a dangerous, fire hazard type way, only had one stop working but I bought it second hand so who knows how old it was when I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back