snakes and loud music

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilchy

Reaction score
hi there for Christmas im getting a carpet python, its going to live in my caravan but i also have a logitech z5300 which has a pretty big subwoofer i have read sometimes it depends on the individual snake but would it be a good idea for when i get it to take the power cord out just incase someone in my room decides to play loud music?

Nah, it should be fine....

I got a 2 year old Coastal that I have had for a year and a half (approx)

And this is how my set up currently is....View attachment 225136
Note the speakers on the side, and the small sub under the TV...

I always have my music right up, to the point the walls vibrate through the house...

My snake is 100% fine, never misses a feed, very tame....bit me once (the first month I had him) and he is completely healthy...

So I would say it is ok to do that...

(Obviously he won't be in that enclosure for life...but for now it is fine)

Heard very mixed reviews on this. I wonder what the effect of continuous as opposed to intermittent sound would be?

When I got my first baby coastal she lived in an enclosure on the computer desk that had 5 speakers and a sub cranking on it most nights, she never seemed bothered by it, always ate and is puppy dog tame. Could be different with other
pythons but she never seemed to br concerned by it.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Our Murray is right next to the big speakers for our surround sound, never bothered him.

Just remember snakes hate Emo, Techno, R & B, Country, Top 40, Soft Rock & Easy Listening and you should be fine.

A pretty famous older rocker believes his pet snakes that he took on stage were negatively affected over the extended period when he used them
Fairly recent study shows some snakes differentiate between various treble sounds
We often do shows in hotels and resorts where loud music is playing
So far zero detrimental effect that I can see
We have 2 retics who live in the roof space and are great cat control
Whenever Enter Sandman is played one of then sticks his head straight out of the trapdoor and hangs around until its
finished [other one musnt like metallica]

ill just test it out one day slowly get louder and louder with it, how would you be able to tell if he/she is getting distressed?

This is something im really interested in. I would also like to know about lizards? i live with 2 djs and lets say our house is always loud. my herp room is at the back of the house but is a living room and the only doors are bifolds and block little to no noise out what so ever. would you think that it just wouldnt bother them or they just show no real signs of stress? i have a few EWD and a few beardies and some inverts and snakes. sorry to hijick your thread but i guess its relevent.

Bringing up an old thread what are people's opinions on loud music I figured loud music is fine if the bass isn't thumping aswell?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i have found all my snake are very active when i have my sub's on but never biten me when i go in there cages

Yea ok thanks I guess they'd get used to it over time aswell

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have always wondered this too! I have my tv sitting on top of one of my wooden enclosures. Some one once told me not to turn the tv up so loud because it will distress the snake. I have always kept it low since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back