Got my PS4

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffcoat

Reaction score
And its a pretty slick piece of hardware.

I have a pretty decent gaming PC (low/mid range) rig. Let's say I can play Crysis3, Skyrim and any mmo at max graphics and maintain 45-60 fps consistently. The PS4 rivals that in every way. The difference between BF4 for the ps3 and 4 are night and day. The level of detail in AC4 is unbelievable, it almost looks too good if that's possible.

The machine is very small and very quiet. The controller feels so much better, the little things Sony did really made a difference.

30 days of PS+ is very nice, as well as $10 for the store.

The dynamic layout (xmb) is very aesthetic and very easy to navigate. There are two rows now. The main row has all your games you've played, what happening and things like that. Push up to get to the second row. That's the store, your friends, settings and so forth.

It boots up very quick. The ability to download a game and play before the install is done is very nice, and very quick. Also being able to download and play another game is a nice addition as well.

The only bad thing I have to say is the sub par launch titles. Killzone looks amazing but the game is just meh for a lack of better words. I haven't played Knack yet but I hear its just ho-hum as well.

If you were on the fence about getting one, I would get it, but there is no need to rush. Infamous: Second Son, Watchdogs and Destiny are all on the way. Speaking of Destiny, if you preorder it you get a beta invite before the Xbox/Microsoft folks get one.

All in all it is a superb system. I'm going to use a friends XboxOne for side by side comparisons next week after it launches here in the States.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I thought It was not out for another 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flashing light was from the initial day one firmware not properly downloading. I did the USB method and it worked flawlessly. Everyone who did it this way had no problems. Some did receive faulty HDMI cables that causes your screen to flash. I used one that I had.

They were released in America on the 15th. The rest of the world will be released in stages. Japan being last, go figure.

However, the problems that PC gamers are having with Battlefield 4 are plaguing the PS4 as well. Corrupted save files and no 64 player maps, i.e. conquest are unplayable. This is to be blamed on EA and not Dice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back