Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This chart thing I've been looking at recons an x-large rat is about the equivalent of a 1lb rabbit...
That means an extra large rat is 4-500 grams which is not right in Australia. It is best to use weights rather than generic names to compare food items. Most Australian Rats peak at about 4-500 grams wheras rabbits are readily available up to say 1500 grams for retile food. Even Oenpellis only eat a 1500 gram rabbit. A lot of breeders try to mimic the natural feeding frequency with larger food items so the animal get "time off" between feed rather than feeding small items often which can mean the animal is digesting 24/7.

This chart thing I've been looking at recons an x-large rat is about the equivalent of a 1lb rabbit...

I'd rather feed rats with less body fat. So 3 or 4 juvie rats in the one feed or a small rabbit for mine :)
Does anyone know how big the Kimberly olives get?

- - - Updated - - -

That means an extra large rat is 4-500 grams which is not right in Australia. It is best to use weights rather than generic names to compare food items. Most Australian Rats peak at about 4-500 grams wheras rabbits are readily available up to say 1500 grams for retile food. Even Oenpellis only eat a 1500 gram rabbit. A lot of breeders try to mimic the natural feeding frequency with larger food items so the animal get "time off" between feed rather than feeding small items often which can mean the animal is digesting 24/7.

Small items are fine if you do them all in the one feed. They will still have 'time off' between feeds.

I love olives, This is my girl Rebel. I bought her from a guy on this website who turned out not to be licensed but thanks to NPWS they let me keep her and good thing too. She was riddled with mites and severely under weight but now she is 10 feet of pure beauty. I am currently looking for a nice boy for my baby girl. If anyone knows of someone who is wanting to re-home a male olive please pm me :D
View attachment 302852

My boy Oscar

I love my boy Oscar he's so curious and loves to explore around the house.

One think i love about my olive is if there is a rat on offer to be eaten he's on to it no mucking around :)

went in to check my reptile this morning and found my two olive python rapped around each other I don't know if the male or female started the fight but the male was losing I had to get my wife to come hold the females head because after 10 min of fighting to get her off him I was getting nowhere they both ended up with bite marks on their head and neck. I have split them up and they look to be fine now. after 4+ years of living together and no problems I don't know what happened. has anyone had a problem like this.

Here is my boy I got when I was 9. He was my first reptile so he is very special to me. Clocks in at 10.5ft and he is 10. Not the longest olive but he is very girthy.
t4ZzWzO.jpg

My wild caught baby has finally stoped musking.. I cant tell you how much better that is for me :)

I have the biggest soft spot for olives, one day I will get one! Great pics guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally joined the Olive club after many years of eager waiting! :D

A HUGE thank you to Steve and Melissa from SXR/Reptile Mania for this awesome lil' snake and for their great friendly service. Would hands down purchase from them again in a heartbeat :)

Snapped a quick photo of 'Bruce' before putting him in his tub to settle in :)

[MENTION=34190]sharky[/MENTION] congrats sweet heart he is simply stunning! :)

Thanks [MENTION=32876]montysrainbow[/MENTION] ! I'm absolutely stoked with him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back