Mixing marm morphs.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
I saw a recent ad on gumtree which had a breeding pair of marbled velvets for sale.
The "Male" listed obviously is a N.T while the other female is a WA morph.
Is it generally frowned upon breeding the two, don't get me wrong I'm not interested in buying but I am just curious since they are the same scientific name
-Nick

Here is a photo.
u8eqaheq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
stupid
if one day there was a split in the species youd end up with a mess of captive geckos!

Not an if but a when in this case..... There more variation in this species complex than the whole Morelia genus.

The fact that their origin is questionable means they are nothing more then pets.... If someone crosses a Brisbane Coastal with a rockhampton coastal it's still a pure coastal. Gotta love the keyboard warriors.

Champagne,

you are incorrect if you assume the two geckos pictured are the same species. The one on the left, very different to the qld animal on the right

Champagne they are part of a species complex, meaning the group/species as it is currently will more than likely (read almost certainly) be broken up into multiple separate species. It is nothing like breeding two coastal carpets which are the same species.

I saw a recent ad on gumtree which had a breeding pair of marbled velvets for sale.
The "Male" listed obviously is a N.T while the other female is a WA morph.
Is it generally frowned upon breeding the two, don't get me wrong I'm not interested in buying but I am just curious since they are the same scientific name
-Nick

Here is a photo.
u8eqaheq.jpg
The "male" looks like a WA animal , while the other looks like a NSW/QLD specimen.

W.A Marm

You can get dark W.A Marms. One on left is Western QLD.

Attachments

• 19052012549.jpg
    19052012549.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 53
  • WQLDmarm.jpg
    WQLDmarm.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back