New n. Levis levis!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReptileBoy

Reaction score

I won this off the R6IXY contest or from Thyla on here!!! This male is a proven breeder and 5 years old! I hope to get him a female.

image2.jpgimage.jpg

I wonder how good he is at breeding at 5 years, most of my geckos are retired by that age.

Must be why it was a give away lol.

Congrats either way

I wonder how good he is at breeding at 5 years, most of my geckos are retired by that age.

Congrats either way
nope the guy I got him from has bred them past 5 years and the babys have been fine

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats either way
nope the guy I got him from has bred them past 5 years and the babys have been fine

Exactly, bred perfect last 5 years, now time to retire.

Im not having a go, just dont want you to get your hopes up and be disappointed.

Yes 5 year old levis will still breed, but the number of eggs and viability of sperm does decrease with age (just my own personal experiance.)

He will breed for you for some years to come. I have successfully bred both male and female levis up to 10 years old with no drop off in production for the males and very little for the females. The older girls would lay a couple clutches less at that age versus the younger girls.

Last edited:
Congrats mate :D

Good luck with the breeding :) (Not being mean at all or snobby, genuinely saying good luck nicely :))

He will breed for you for some years to come. I have successfully bred both male and female levis up to 10 years old with no drop off in production for the males and very little for the females. The older girls would lay a couple clutches less at that age versus the younger girls.
I guess there is always some exceptional specimens out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Billy, congrats for the gecko but I though it was unfair how you made 6 entry's while most others (including me) only made one.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I am not saying they wont lay, myself and several other people have just noted production drop off after 5 years.

JrFear, I have no doubt an old levis could have 2 clutches, our young girls have 9 clutches a year though.

Billy, congrats for the gecko but I though it was unfair how you made 6 entry's while most others (including me) only made one.
Good luck.[/QUOTE]
I also thought you had to make the entrys for 3 minutes each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back