Oh my god! Poor thing!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsAeren

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I found this on facebook earlier and I remember reading a thread and a lady said she found some ticks on her snake. But this is not some. Poor thing. Does this happen often to snakes? Do I need to check my snake (when I get one) for ticks if I take it outside?

1398326_612153762177722_649814494_o.jpg

Pretty sure you would notice 1 tick on your snake and remove it. Taking it outside will not result
in anything like that picture.

Poor little thing, that's horrible! U don't need to worry about ticks if taking your python outside, would be pretty rare to have a python only outside for an hour or so get that many ticks anyway.

Every burmese and most of the retics we relocate have between 5 and 50 ticks
Even the king cobras have them but rare on spitting cobras

Pictured snake was found in a flying fox colony, ticks were removed by the local ranger- if someone is saying that snake is their pet, that would be a lie.

ticks are fairly common on wild pythons, its worth checking every now and then but it's not common to find one on a captive snake.

It's a stressful job to manually remove ticks from wild snakes.....we have a carpet python in care atm......

First session more than 200 were removed but it became too stressful for both parties.....next session around were 100 removed. At least the ticks are not hanging out of his eyes now.

Poor old guy was seeking refuge in a chooks water bucket when a non snakey friend called us to help

Oh I didnt know it was from here. I found it on facebook. Must have done the rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back