Baby Bearded Dragon ( Black)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harper1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask a question?

I got home from work this afternoon and one my babies which I think is a boy was on his stick and was black as I thought he was dead as he didn't move I went to picked him up, was clenched tight to the stick,till he relized it was me and let go...as soon as I put him on me he was fine went back to his normal colour when he settled bit and I put him back into the enclosure he puffed his beard out and went black is this normal for a baby ? (he has just finished a shed to .)

Harper 1

Are they housed together? If so the other one may be dominating him a bit and as a result he is stressed out

Thats the thing they are house together and get along fine if anything he is usually the bully not in a bad way ... So that's why was a bit confusing .

They usually darken their colouration when there is some form of stress or they are warming up - given that it was holding on tight and not moving in this case I would say it's because of stress. They can be little buggers and can be absolutely awful to each other so as a precaution I'd say separate them.

I would be checking the husbandry first, what species is it? How long have kept lizards for? How old are the lizards in the cage, how large (both length and weight) are the cage occupants? Do you know their sex? Can you post photos of the lizard and it's caging. Making an assumption that it's a behavioral issue is a little presumptive without checking the basics first.

I would be checking the husbandry first, what species is it? How long have kept lizards for? How old are the lizards in the cage, how large (both length and weight) are the cage occupants? Do you know their sex? Can you post photos of the lizard and it's caging. Making an assumption that it's a behavioral issue is a little presumptive without checking the basics first.

And not seperating until it is too late is?? It's a Bearded dragon

- - - Updated - - -

But I do love this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal 805,

Vitticeps, minor, mitchelli, barbata, henrylawsoni are all species that are kept that all have slightly different parameters.

As for separation... Well if that lizard is under stress then yes potentially separate however but separation is not going to help if the husbandry is off to begin with..... But by all means I am sure you know everything there there is to know about the genus...... Why do I bloody bother?

I am not saying I do but if they are housed together then there will be stress does not matter what species as all beardies are basically solitary animals. I agree with you about husbandry but seperation is a good start. I guess you bother because you care???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back