Entry level dslr cameras

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nervous

Reaction score
To anyone that is into photgraphy, what camera did you use when you first started out? I am looking at buying either a Canon 600d, Nikon d3200 or Nikon d5200.

What cameras have you found to be great & not so great?

To anyone that is into photgraphy, what camera did you use when you first started out? I am looking at buying either a Canon 600d, Nikon d3200 or Nikon d5200.

What cameras have you found to be great & not so great?

Canon 350D, was a great camera. Don't get hung up on the body, the lens is what matters. Better to buy a cheap body and a good lens than the other way around.

I'm still using my 350d, I find it a good camera even though it's coming on to 8 years old. Echiopsis is right better off getting good lenses.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

My camera, which is my first DSLR, is a Nikon D80. Quite an old model now, but I still love it. Nothing wrong with either Canon or Nikon and you'll find advocates for both. Unless you're really nuts about the finer technical points, I'd go with the one that feels right to you. Literally. Go to the store and hold them.

Canon 350D, was a great camera. Don't get hung up on the body, the lens is what matters. Better to buy a cheap body and a good lens than the other way around.

I agree with getting a good lens. I was so worried about choosing the right body when I bought my camera, I forgot to put much effort into the lens - I didn't realise it mattered. I ended up with a standard kit lens and it really isn't the best. If I were to buy my camera/lens combination again, I'd skip the kit lens and buy a much nicer lens separately.

I started with a Nikon d90. Great camera and I had some fun with it but to be honest if I had my time again i would have just got the d700 that I use now straight up. I lost money by "saving" and getting the cheaper crop sensor model and then upgrading.

Second hand is a great way to save and get the kit you really want.

I have the D90 aswell, great camera and i'm quite happy with it. Yes it's an older camera, but is considered a semi-pro and still has many features the newer Nikon DSLR's don't have. (5100, 5200 etc)

I was able to buy myself some really nice lenses with the money I saved - one of my favourites being the 50mm F1.8g which was quite cheap for the quality of it!

Last edited:
I've recently gotten into photography in the last 6 months. I purchased the Nikon D5100 and I'm really happy with it. Comes with a twin lens kit.
I've found it to be really easy to use and picture quality is fantastic!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i am leaning more towards the d5200...

On another note... what are ppls opinions on grey imports? the saving costs can be almost half. the downside though is there is no manufactures warranty, only a warranty from the supplier.

is it to much of a risk to spend that much money and not have a manufactures warranty?

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back