Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I bought this python from a reputable breeder who was recommended to me by several people. It was sold as a Coastal but I havnt seen another like it. It is very yellow. Does anyone have a coastal similar to this? Is it even a coastal?

Attachments

• 20131121_130913-1.jpg
    20131121_130913-1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 363
Looks like a jungle to me I have a few coastals and not 1 looks like that not even my intergrades look like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the snake is from a reputable breeder recommended by several people, why are you doubting him? There is a massive variation among coastals and just because you haven't seen one similar, doesn't mean it isn't one.

Can you ask the breeder to see its parents? Or get some more information on it?

Yeah it looks alot like my mates jungle apart from head shape and the size and colour of the eyes. Yes it was from a reputable dealer, but the question has to be asked when u buy a coastal that looks like a jungle. I guess i should speak to the bloke i bought the snake from.

It looks more like a jungle to me, possibly a sib as stated but in Queensland sub species crosses can't be listed as such on a movement advice so usually get listed as either one of the parents. Not sure if this is the case with your snake but probably best to just ask the breeder.

If the snake is from a reputable breeder recommended by several people, why are you doubting him? There is a massive variation among coastals and just because you haven't seen one similar, doesn't mean it isn't one.

Can you ask the breeder to see its parents? Or get some more information on it?
id say his doubting it because it looks nothing like any variation of coastal and alot like a jungle

Yep. Ill have to ask the breeder, he has a pet store near my place so he will be easy to find. Well if it is a Coastal ill be stoked. Thanks for your opinion guys.

It's a pet snake that looks similar to a jungle. The fact you know nothing about it's back ground means it will only ever be a pet snake. Please think twice before breeding it and if you sell it maybe just put carpet python on the paperwork.

Yeah not a breeder. Its my first python and he has not tagged anyone yet. Hes a much loved pet that gets on with everyone and will stay with me for as long as possible. I have no doubts that the breeder will provide all the info i ask for. BTW if i sell it i would put down what it was sold to me as. What if i bred it with a GTP? Then it would be a Green Carpet. Lmao.

Jag sib maybe... Just a guess tho

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

looks alot more jungle than coastal.as stated,could be a jag sib

Yes, it easily could be a jag sib.

id say his doubting it because it looks nothing like any variation of coastal and alot like a jungle

Like I said before, if it has came from a reputable breeder who also has a pet shop, I'm sure the guy has nothing to gain by lying.
I also agree that it doesn't look like a standard coastal, but I have seen many jag sibs that look similar.

Yep. Ill have to ask the breeder, he has a pet store near my place so he will be easy to find. Well if it is a Coastal ill be stoked. Thanks for your opinion guys.

Why not just be stoked anyway? If you're not planning to breed it just enjoy the fact that it's a stunner.

looks like a really nice jungle, best off asking the breeder why he looks like a jungle.

It's a pet snake that looks similar to a jungle. The fact you know nothing about it's back ground means it will only ever be a pet snake. Please think twice before breeding it and if you sell it maybe just put carpet python on the paperwork.

Cheer up mate its not that bad.:)

What are you on about? I just giving advice to someone that clearly is new to keeping carpets not to breed snakes with unknown back grounds.

These days matey, with the mess our carpets are in following indiscriminate breeding, unless you get something directly from the wild, most of would have no idea of the heritage or "background" of any carpet python we buy. All we can say is "it looks like a..." This one is definitely far more jungle than coastal.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back