Dimming VS On/Off

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YayPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering,
do I really need a dimming thermostat or am I right with just a on/off thermostat. I will be using it to control a Ceramic Heat Emitter for a Jungle Carpet Python.

Thanks,
YayPythons :D

Hey mate Im not sure with jungles but I have only ever had on/off with my stimson for the six years ive had him and he seems fine, but would also like to hear others opinions.

Hey mate Im not sure with jungles but I have only ever had on/off with my stimson for the six years ive had him and he seems fine, but would also like to hear others opinions.
I think that the OP is asking if the on/off thermostat would be ok to use with the CHE and not if it would be ok with a jungle python. Yes an on/off should be ok with a CHE.

I think that the OP is asking if the on/off thermostat would be ok to use with the CHE and not if it would be ok with a jungle python. Yes an on/off should be ok with a CHE.[/

Im sorry must have miss read his question.....my bad

I've noticed that the dimming thermostats don't actually turn off the heat at all, only dim the power to it, so on a very hot day it will still be providing power to the globe and continue to raise temps. If you are aware of this and have it setup to accommodate this then the dimming thermostats are great and are much better for the ceramic globes.

I've noticed that the dimming thermostats don't actually turn off the heat at all, only dim the power to it, so on a very hot day it will still be providing power to the globe and continue to raise temps. If you are aware of this and have it setup to accommodate this then the dimming thermostats are great and are much better for the ceramic globes.

Are you talking about new or older ones? Mine will completely shut it off if the temperature is above the set temp. That's the point of a thermostat

Last edited:
Are you talking about new or older ones? Mine will completely shut it off if the temperature is above the set temp. That's the point of a thermostat

It is less then a year old, i dont remember the brand but it is an original (yellow) version of the thermostat that is sold by reptiles direct. Maybe it does shut it off but i do always notice that on a very hot day the temps build up way too much and i can still feel heat from the ceramic globe.
I just turn the whole thing off if i know its going to be 33 degree day or hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back