Absolutely Devastated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harper1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
WOKE up this morning to see one of my babies on the floor of the viv and very black when I opened the blind to have a better look he spun around in a circle about 5 times when I picked him up he was gasping for breath, then all of a sudden his tail was flicking side to side ....his head went back he looked at me his head flopped forward as he took his last breath ...Im devastated ...thought I was doing everything right , Did he have a seizure? what did i do wrong feeling very sad and lost.

Harper 1

What was it? A bit hard to diagnose if we don't know what it was and the other circumstances surrounding its death.

Jamie

Well that's the thing prior to this morning he seemed fine ...he didn't really eat alot yesterday and the thing I've done different was give them some baby peas out of the skin ...the two other ate the same if not more and they look fine today.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou means alot ..

what was he? Was he kept with other reptiles?

Bearded Dragon ...and Yes kept with 2 others he was only 2.5 mths old .
I got them all at the same time and Ive never had any problems till this morning.

You probably did nothing wrong. Sometimes animals, like humans, die for unknown or unexpected reasons.

Jamie

I would say it was a matter of survival of the fittest. Especially housing him with other dragons one usually doesn't get as much food and is bullied. Many people often say they have had no problems and then without warning bam one of their pets gets hurt. Sorry for your loss. This is why we shouldn't house solitary animals together.

I would say it was a matter of survival of the fittest. Especially housing him with other dragons one usually doesn't get as much food and is bullied. Many people often say they have had no problems and then without warning bam one of their pets gets hurt. Sorry for your loss. This is why we shouldn't house solitary animals together.
I would expect bullying to show different signs to what the OP stated. I would expect a thin underweight lizard that would die slowly or have signs of biting but not suddenly have a fit and die like that. Can you shed some more light on that side of things for me if you have had a different experience or know of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back